• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I know it's advertised as a "hotel guests entrance/exit" but is it actually limited to hotel guests or can anyone use it? Would be so much nicer to enter/exit there by the car park rather than have to go all the way to Towers Street just to come back again.
When I stayed in the stargazing pods and used the galactica entrance they didn’t ask to see proof we stayed in the hotel, they just scanned our tickets/passes like they do at the front gate and let us in.

When I stayed in the stargazing pods and used the galactica entrance they didn’t ask to see proof we stayed in the hotel, they just scanned our tickets/passes like they do at the front gate and let us in.
I doubt they're too stringent about it, as long as people have paid, obviously as it's signposted as hotel guests only then it won't deter people from going the towers street way.

Leek signs only print what they are given by towers, they’ve said that themselves on fb before. They do design signage for other people but towers have their own designers

A new blog post has been uploaded covering tips for things to do in the current sub-optimal summer weather conditions.

It does appear that various factors have all come together this year to impact visitor numbers across theme parks. Let's hope the reduced numbers have minimal impact on budget decisions for the rest of the year and going into next season.

I guess it's not particularly surprising that the wet summer is putting people off. 2012 was a ridiculously wet summer, and that had a similar effect.

Not only that, if it is their first job they should really be making more effort to impress and improve
I know this was a couple of pages ago, but wanted to add we’ve been to Thorpe twice in the last fortnight and the entertainment for Carnival has been top notch. The dancers are putting everything into their performance, even on a really hot day, plus they wander around the area in between performances interacting with guests. When ghost train closed, the “possessed” train guards came out and were interacting with guests, in a toned down way, but still putting effort in. Then there are circus acts also at set times. The only problem is the performance area as zero shade, so you bake whilst being entertained/entertaining. So it seems it can be done, and by a Merlin park - I wonder why Towers is struggling so much?

I know this was a couple of pages ago, but wanted to add we’ve been to Thorpe twice in the last fortnight and the entertainment for Carnival has been top notch. The dancers are putting everything into their performance, even on a really hot day, plus they wander around the area in between performances interacting with guests. When ghost train closed, the “possessed” train guards came out and were interacting with guests, in a toned down way, but still putting effort in. Then there are circus acts also at set times. The only problem is the performance area as zero shade, so you bake whilst being entertained/entertaining. So it seems it can be done, and by a Merlin park - I wonder why Towers is struggling so much?
Thorpe is extremely close to an abundance of top theatre schools, and is an ideal employment opportunity for those who are training. Recent graduates of said theatre schools will also remain in the London area to pursue performance and auditions, where Thorpe is an easy commute

Towers doesn’t have the same catchment and there’s not the pay element to make it worth travelling specifically for the role

Does anyone know when the big bang package tickets for fireworks usually go on sale.
I’m not sure about when it goes on sale but I would add if you’ve not done it before, the viewing area is rather close to the action! Almost too close. You get a much better view of the display from the rear of the lawns towards towers street. However I understand there are a lot of other benefits involved in the package you may be interested in.😁

I will be attending an event at the park tomorrow with ERT’s but most interestingly there will be talks/Q&As from the parks marketing director Larry Roles and John Burton. Will be interesting to hear about the parks recent direction on their socials and hopefully any new information regarding nemesis and horizon from Mr Burton. If I do hear anything interesting I’ll be sure to post it here 😁

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.