• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I’m not sure about when it goes on sale but I would add if you’ve not done it before, the viewing area is rather close to the action! Almost too close. You get a much better view of the display from the rear of the lawns towards towers street. However I understand there are a lot of other benefits involved in the package you may be interested in.😁
Thank you very much about the information i will bear it in mind.

Just got back home from an event at the park. Some extremely interesting information revealed regarding Curse, Nemesis and Horizon. The first part was about curse and its other possible iterations shown to focus groups. One being about the 7 witches of Alton and the other being based upon catacombs.

Another very interesting and possible unseen Easter egg from Curse at Alton Manor is that the woman who plays Emily’s mother in the pre show is the same woman who played the original Emily Alton in the first dolls house effect.

John also touched on Horizon, saying the project will be “different and wacky”. So make of that what you will.

There was so so much covered over the day from both Larry roles and John Burton but feel free to ask or message me about either of their talks. They will both undoubtedly be posted online in the coming weeks so no need to feel left out.

Wacky- could hint hopefully to a non dark theme for the ride. But could also refer to a ride like an Intamin multidimensional coaster if has lots of the special elements.

If refers to the theme you could describe something like Guadians of The galaxy cosmic rewind at Disney as wacky. Obviously cannot be that ISP but a ride with an original theme in similar vain to something like Guardians could certainly be described as wacky.

Lovely touch on park today- actors roaming the Wickerman queue getting people to praise the Wickerman. Definitely made the queue a bit more exciting!
Haven’t seen actors in queuelines for ages - if I remember rightly they used to do Th13teen live at Scarefest but I think it got stopped due to concerns with actor safety?

Just got back home from an event at the park. Some extremely interesting information revealed regarding Curse, Nemesis and Horizon. The first part was about curse and its other possible iterations shown to focus groups. One being about the 7 witches of Alton and the other being based upon catacombs.

Another very interesting and possible unseen Easter egg from Curse at Alton Manor is that the woman who plays Emily’s mother in the pre show is the same woman who played the original Emily Alton in the first dolls house effect.

John also touched on Horizon, saying the project will be “different and wacky”. So make of that what you will.

There was so so much covered over the day from both Larry roles and John Burton but feel free to ask or message me about either of their talks. They will both undoubtedly be posted online in the coming weeks so no need to feel left out.

“Different” and “Wacky” screams unoriginal, unsuited, out of place IP. i.e. “that’s certainly different…”

Not picked by the park, or JB.

But it is, what it is

Time will tell

“Different” and “Wacky” screams unoriginal, unsuited, out of place IP. i.e. “that’s certainly different…”

Not picked by the park, or JB.

But it is, what it is

Time will tell
Apologies to carry on the discussion to some extent but having thought back about it Im sure he said “intriguing” too. There was so much information but better carried on in the horizon thread.

The Smiler is a very wacky theme so it could mean anything? Wardley a good egg but he has sent out misleading Information recently regarding other rides previously. Maybe we’re just blame the vaccine and move on?

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.