• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm going to towers on Wednesday and it looks like it'll be a bit windy. I'm worried about X sector as I don't want to treck to towers if Smiler doesn't open. Looking at the forecast, does anyone think the wind is fine and Smiler will still be operational?
There's absolutely no way you can tell until you turn up and find out really.

I'm going to towers on Wednesday and it looks like it'll be a bit windy. I'm worried about X sector as I don't want to treck to towers if Smiler doesn't open. Looking at the forecast, does anyone think the wind is fine and Smiler will still be operational?

I'm going on Wednesday too. Have a look at met office and see what times the wind really picks up and plan around it I'd say. I'm sure it will be open for a few hrs at the very least.

I'd like a ride on it too but I won't lose any sleep if it wasn't open as I have done it loads of time. I'm going for the new ride mainly tbh. Try to get a good 4/5 rides on Alton Manor and 4/5 on Wickerman and anything else will be a bonus for this visit for me.

Current forecast shows winds around 20mph, not close to the range in which operations on Smiler would be impacted. If the forecast remains the same I would imagine you will be fine.

I'm off to the park tomorrow, hopefully the weather doesn't impact things too much.

What's people's preferences in the direction they go around the park? I think I've always gone straight to x-sector and go from there, though will probably switch it up a bit this time (depending on what things are open)

What's people's preferences in the direction they go around the park? I think I've always gone straight to x-sector and go from there, though will probably switch it up a bit this time (depending on what things are open)
I usually start at X sector aswell but I want to start with Alton manor this year and get a few rides on that. That's the main priority for me but ideally would like to ride smiler on first visit of the year

Yep, the fibre optics, smoke under the branch, blue lighting from the generator down the tubes. Parking wasn’t perfect but no squeaking or clunking like last year
Sounds really good! Another example of improved maintenance for 2023!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.