• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Is it parking correctly?
It seemed to be struggling to find the right position last week, but it did get there. I heard just the one clunk which was clearly audible over the music. In its defence, it was very early on in the day

I didn't notice any effects that weren't working either

I'm going on Wednesday too. Have a look at met office and see what times the wind really picks up and plan around it I'd say. I'm sure it will be open for a few hrs at the very least.

I'd like a ride on it too but I won't lose any sleep if it wasn't open as I have done it loads of time. I'm going for the new ride mainly tbh. Try to get a good 4/5 rides on Alton Manor and 4/5 on Wickerman and anything else will be a bonus for this visit for me.
I think you'll be ok today. The peak gust forecast today was 32 Mph, but the wind speed indiacator in the ops cabin was on green whenever is saw it.

Been on all 6 coasters today and Wicker man is running the best. Really is a great fun ride and enjoyable for all ages. Smiler wasn't running well at all. 2nd row was ok not too bad but the back was a bit uncomfortable. Not sure if it's because I haven't been on rides for a while but the forces felt unbearable at some points

Been on all 6 coasters today and Wicker man is running the best. Really is a great fun ride and enjoyable for all ages. Smiler wasn't running well at all. 2nd row was ok not too bad but the back was a bit uncomfortable. Not sure if it's because I haven't been on rides for a while but the forces felt unbearable at some points
Are you ok Ethan?? Not very often we see you criticising The Smiler.

In all seriousness I find it to be a far better ride nearer the front. Still can be uncomfortable if you get a train with square wheels though.

Are you ok Ethan?? Not very often we see you criticising The Smiler.

In all seriousness I find it to be a far better ride nearer the front. Still can be uncomfortable if you get a train with square wheels though.
Maybe I just need to get used to the rides again. Was making me feel a bit nauseous. On the other hand the other rides how were they
Wicker man- awesome
Th13teen- boring
Oblivion- doesn't do much
Galactica- pleasant surprise I think I give this one too much stick I thought it was decent
Rita- Was actually really good I quite enjoy it
Alton manor- Was ok. Tried it a few times but I'm not fussed. Don't know if towers have paid all the enthusiasts to hype it up or if I just caught it on a bad day. Still plenty that can be done

Alton manor- Was ok. Tried it a few times but I'm not fussed. Don't know if towers has paid all the enthusiasts to hype it up or if I just caught it on a bad day. Still plenty that can be done

I would imagine it's just a 'new ride' thing. There's a lot of people who just get over excited by new rides. Factor it down somewhat and you'll reach the reality.

From the reviews so far I wouldn't be expecting anything outstanding, but a decent support attraction for the budget that was spent on it.

I would imagine it's just a 'new ride' thing. There's a lot of people who just get over excited by new rides. Factor it down somewhat and you'll reach the reality.

From the reviews so far I wouldn't be expecting anything outstanding, but a decent support attraction for the budget that was spent on it.
You're right my expectations were probably a bit high. On another note I have never seen towers this empty. I've not queued for anything all day. I've been going at a pretty slow pace but have still got on loads of rides. Even Rita was walk on

You're right my expectations were probably a bit high. On another note I have never seen towers this empty. I've not queued for anything all day. I've been going at a pretty slow pace but have still got on loads of rides. Even Rita was walk on
guessing it’s a mix of people being at work, a cost of living crisis and not being able to choose a sun savers date until Sunday

guessing it’s a mix of people being at work, a cost of living crisis and not being able to choose a sun savers date until Sunday
Honestly I was expecting a quiet day but I feel like a few people have hired it out today its been stupidly quiet. I can't see how it's worth Towers even opening when it's like this (not that I'm complaining)

So for those who’ve already been this year, can you tell me if everything Nemssis related is gone? And by that I mean have all merchandise and imagery in Towers Street shop gone.

So for those who’ve already been this year, can you tell me if everything Nemssis related is gone? And by that I mean have all merchandise and imagery in Towers Street shop gone.
Most of it yes from what I saw. Have to say the atmosphere is very weird in the valley this year without Nemmy, made me realise how bad the area is without it. Galactica, blade and funkn fly is the weakest ever lineup in the area. Even when sub terra comes back, it's still a weak area this year imo. Think it's only just sunk in I won't be able to ride it all year, and that's a depressing thought.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.