• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Except only a few people on this forum and Shawn think its terrible, someone who doesn't follow fan sites or fan vloggers will only have the information the park put out.
I’ve seen his vlog and that 70’s game show guy singing YMCA was quite honestly the last straw. They torture you enough by taking your money and supplying a park with terrible ride reliability and lack of TLC they now want to serenade you to death while you are at it.

I guess what I’m thinking is that if visitor numbers are low this time of year anyway they don’t have to spend much money on such an event, which is what we are seeing.

Merlin deserve huge credit for The curse but so far this year we have

More Retrosquad nonsense
Poor ride availability
Overpriced prison food
Smiler looking and riding dreadfully
Smiler takeover/ festival or thrills that looks like a student fever dream with a Budget of £5

Add in some less than stellar reviews of recent stays at the hotel I have to seriously question operations and standards at the park. I love Alton Towers but it's not having a great season so far.

Personally feel like a lot of the team need sacking and replaced with a different team look at the standards abroad day/night difference

Riding the same as every year before now. Hasn't changed. In fact I think it's been relatively smooth this year
I think the ride roughness is subjective however the condition of the ride and qué isn't. It's baffling why they couldn't at least give it a jet wash, paint or general clean in it's 10th year but the whole of X Sector is a joke with the Retrosquad pumping out 80s cheese.

I honestly wish they didn’t bother with the smiler event, save the money and spend it elsewhere! It’s embarrassing mess and don’t get me started on the crappy stickers mismatched everywhere. The only positive that will come out from this, is they will need to dump the new smiler theming somewhere. So please add it to the que line to distract us from the mouldy concrete please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly wish they didn’t bother with the smiler event, save the money and spend it elsewhere! It’s embarrassing mess and don’t get me started on the crappy stickers mismatched everywhere. The only positive that will come out from this, is they will need to dump the new smiler theming somewhere. So please add it to the que line to distract us from the mouldy concrete please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They could easily add some of the props in the fenced off areas of the indoor queue line, underneath the projections on the wall. With a few small LED spotlights shining down onto them, it would add a bit more atmosphere into an otherwise dark experience!

Themed audio in the queue for 13 this morning, with a MoJ announcement about the takeover.

The bag drop has returned as well on 13

It's cool that Alton have managed to fashion in-house brands and IPs with their coasters, so that Nemesis can be justifiably rebuilt entirely (with it's own scaffold viewing platform!), and to a lesser extent, that The Smiler and 'The Ministry of Joy' receives it's own event. But, while I can see that coaster and park enthusiasm is far less niche than it once was, I wonder if this 'Festival Of Thrills', especially those announcements described above, makes a lick of sense to anybody who couldn't tell you who Dr. Kelman was, for example? I can, and I couldn't care less.

It's cool that Alton have managed to fashion in-house brands and IPs with their coasters, so that Nemesis can be justifiably rebuilt entirely (with it's own scaffold viewing platform!), and to a lesser extent, that The Smiler and 'The Ministry of Joy' receives it's own event. But, while I can see that coaster and park enthusiasm is far less niche than it once was, I wonder if this 'Festival Of Thrills', especially those announcements described above, makes a lick of sense to anybody who couldn't tell you who Dr. Kelman was, for example? I can, and I couldn't care less.

From my visit earlier in the week these announcements seemed to just create more confusion than anything. The line is something like ‘the ministry of joy has seized control’ which led to a couple of people who didn’t understand the reference to think the ride had broken down.

Has Blade had a repaint? I thought it was patchy on the supports start of season but just walked past and it looks decent.

Or am I just ignorant?

£10 each for a new Wicker Man pin badge now. It's just getting ridiculous across the resort for price rises (I believe the core range of pins are still £8, which is bad enough in itself anyway).

Source: Alton Towers News & Discussions on Facebook.
Sounds like the pin-badges are price-locked to the one-shot fast-tracks!

Wouldn't surprise me if all of these sudden price rises are price locked into some sort of relatively short term profit target for someone at head office :astonished:🫢
😯

£10 each for a new Wicker Man pin badge now. It's just getting ridiculous across the resort for price rises (I believe the core range of pins are still £8, which is bad enough in itself anyway).

Source: Alton Towers News & Discussions on Facebook.
I collect the resins Mainly I couldn’t believe it when I seen the pin badges for £8 I assumed it was a multipack

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.