• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I really like it's opening look, it does have a very 90s look to it, that kind of plasticky cartoonish feeling.
1890s maybe! I don't see anything that ever looked remotely plastic or cartoonish about the exterior. It's very realistic and just like something you'd find in the gardens. It's pretty much stayed the same all these years too other than lightening up the tower colour.

I still don't think that new image is any good to judge by.

Could fit a nice coaster around all that land.

I knew there was some space there, but seeing this it's prime for another attraction on top of the HH, especially if the monorail goes.
Isn't that area the site of the possible new entrance if they ditch Towers Street as being the main entrance (likely if the monorail goes)?

New entrance extremely unlikely, all that cost for zero reward, and a loss of the entrance showstopper view.
Even if they dump the monorail, I| can't see the entrance moving, just path improvements.

New entrance extremely unlikely, all that cost for zero reward, and a loss of the entrance showstopper view.
Even if they dump the monorail, I| can't see the entrance moving, just path improvements.
Completely agree Rob, I can't imagine not walking under the corkscrews and down Towers Street. It's a unique part of the entry experience, and the view is something special.

I'm not expressly averse to the monorail being scrapped or replaced with an alternative form of transport in principle, but I do think that the park would lose something if the entrance moved. Towers Street does have a certain degree of grandiosity to it as an entrance, in my opinion, and it would be a shame to lose that.

Towers Street entrance is good, just that area needs a major renovation to turn it into something better and I'm not meaning slapping purple paint on everything.

But that area by the Monorail depot is prime land for use in the future for a new attraction...Alton Manor haunted Gardens maybe to add in the theme? :p

I could be wrong here, but I seem to remember hearing that The Smiler’s projection mapping was only problematic because of the fact that the coaster supports went through the building in that area. That meant that the coaster’s movements shook the projectors out of alignment and caused problems.

As I say, I could be completely wrong there, but that’s just what I once heard.

With that in mind, I’m sure that The Curse at Alton Manor will not suffer from the same problem. Wicker Man’s projection mapping seems fairly reliable, for reference.

Merlin have done this exact thing with the library in ‘room on the broom’ down at chessie
Never ridden that - in fact never been to Chessington - so I didn't know that.

Perhaps this means we could see something similar? Especially as it's thought we may be shrunk down to doll's house size - so as we move closer to the dolls house door it increases in size to let us through giving the impression we're shrinking?

I could be wrong here, but I seem to remember hearing that The Smiler’s projection mapping was only problematic because of the fact that the coaster supports went through the building in that area. That meant that the coaster’s movements shook the projectors out of alignment and caused problems.

As I say, I could be completely wrong there, but that’s just what I once heard.

With that in mind, I’m sure that The Curse at Alton Manor will not suffer from the same problem. Wicker Man’s projection mapping seems fairly reliable, for reference.
Believable, I wouldn't hang a picture in a building attached to that bone shaker

Wicker Man, Gangsta Granny and world class examples like Mystic Manor and the Disney castle shows... Projection mapping is a miraculous storytelling tool for parks, it's evolved a lot and can achieve some world class illusions. So unbelievably excited to see what they pull off using the technology.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.