• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Fast track is curious for this ride. Unless they have seriously reduced the number of cars on the circuit I really don't see the point. It's one of the fastest moving queues in the UK.

Reactions: Tom
Duel had FT so it could just be that they want to reuse the space behind the "window" in the indoor queue which was removed in the 90s/early 00s to allow wheelchair access to the ride. Used to be a good lightning effect in there (well, 8 year old me thought it was good)

Not sure why it needs THREE entrances though, unless they're assuming RAP queue will be long and want to keep FT separate to reduce their waiting time. Just as long as it doesn't mean main queue get totally shafted (again)

I do wonder if there will now be an entrance host there, and could there possibly then be a pre-show or something to be batched in to?

If not most of the time Duel was always walk on so merge would be pointless there.

Of course it wouldn’t surprise me if the new ride needs more staff than it required before, as merlin love to over staff rides.

In other news the full extended queue line has been replaced with new paving slabs and fencing, no pics I’m afraid as it’s only visible whilst riding RMT.

Without knowing changes to the ride system, indoor queue line, and the size and duration of a preshow, it's difficult to ascertain whether throughput will be hugely affected or not!

I've said this before, a Pre-show isn't possible with how high the rides througput is. If they do add one, it'll heavily hinder the throughput in a negative manner.
All of the Haunted Mansion attractions have pre-shows and their Omnimover ride systems never stop. You'll quite often get to the onload and there are empty Doombuggies. Does it matter? Not really? A 2/3 minute pre-show wouldn't heavily reduce the throughput and for a park like Towers it wouldn't cause a massive queue.

Last edited:
All of the Haunted Mansion attractions have pre-shows and their Omnimover ride systems never stop. You'll quite often get to the onload and there are empty Doombuggies. Does it matter? Not really? A 2/3 minute pre-show wouldn't heavily reduce the throughput and for a park like Towers it wouldn't cause a massive queue.

Problem there is that those rides are designed via 2 pre-shows to keep the guests coming in.

Even then they have the odd gap.

Short of them not caring about throughput over experience. Which wouldn't be the first time.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.