• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think it's more that they have gone to greater lengths to ensure things don't leak

Although a bit confused, a few months ago you especially were annoyed they hadn't made more announcement at the time of Duel's closure
I was referring in terms of new attractions sorry, but I'm still a bit annoyed they haven't even announced Enterprise's closure on their SM.

I was referring in terms of new attractions sorry, but I'm still a bit annoyed they haven't even announced Enterprise's closure on their SM.
Admitting you’ve closed a ride without a permanent replacement isn’t a good thing, it really isn’t a surprise they haven’t mentioned it.
if it was last chance to ride as it closes at the of the season, it’s very different.

I'm definitely not going on the towers Facebook group and avoiding this thread between 18th and 26th, would like to go in with no opinions but my own without major parts of the ride being spoiled for me.

I'm definitely not going on the towers Facebook group and avoiding this thread between 18th and 26th, would like to go in with no opinions but my own without major parts of the ride being spoiled for me.
Yeah I'm thinking of avoiding all spoilers and going in blind too. Not often that I get the chance to ride an attraction without knowing what's going to happen.

It's alright for those of you who'll be going to the park in the next few weeks, I've got to wait until the end of September! Think the best I'll be able to do is avoid a full-on POV.

Do we know whether they'll be having a press night yet? Unless the park goes full NDA, the aftermath of one of those will be spoilerific.

It's going to be really hard for me to avoid spoilers but I will try as best as I can until the 2nd of April, when I can experience it for myself and make my own conclusions about the attraction.

If this is good, it could dethrone Hex as the best dark ride. Hopefully it can be the same kind of quality 🤞🏻I’m sure it will be a good experience, but you just never know.

On a separate note, noticed there is still a hole in the crypt where the zombie was. An Emily animatronic covering her eyes would be a nice focal point for that in my opinion, but I wonder if it’ll just be for the entrance sign

If this is good, it could dethrone Hex as the best dark ride. Hopefully it can be the same kind of quality 🤞🏻I’m sure it will be a good experience, but you just never know.
I personally doubt it will reach the lofty heights of Hex, but I believe that it will still be a great ride nevertheless!

On a separate note, noticed there is still a hole in the crypt where the zombie was. An Emily animatronic covering her eyes would be a nice focal point for that in my opinion, but I wonder if it’ll just be for the entrance sign
I suspect the reason for the canopy in the first place was to keep the Animatronic maintainable.
Humanoid figures don't age well outside.

An Emily animatronic covering her eyes would be a nice focal point
And will she jerk her head around as realistically as the old one?

Hex is fantastic, but break it down it's just sound & video and a madhouse. The only thing they can't beat is the ruins setting, the rest will be easy!

It’s Insane we haven’t actually seen any pieces of new theming with all the drone footage! No signage just abit if paint and some stairs! It does baffle me how there is still a duel sign on Shawn video and how last minute they leave to add new signage etc. It’s like you wouldn’t want the stress of a house warming, with rooms not finished a few days prior, you just wouldn’t do it. This is a house with millions of guests waiting to come through the front doors, it’s like Merlin ask for the stress sometimes!

It's refreshing to know so little about it considering it's only what, a week and a bit away from opening? I love seeing some of the drone stuff, but I'm happy it hasn't revealed anything other than minor changes to the exterior. As someone who won't be riding it on opening weekend (still haven't a clue when I'll head back up to the park), I'm really happy nothing has been spoilt thus far.

It’s Insane we haven’t actually seen any pieces of new theming with all the drone footage! No signage just abit if paint and some stairs! It does baffle me how there is still a duel sign on Shawn video and how last minute they leave to add new signage etc. It’s like you wouldn’t want the stress of a house warming, with rooms not finished a few days prior, you just wouldn’t do it. This is a house with millions of guests waiting to come through the front doors, it’s like Merlin ask for the stress sometimes!
There were still signs for 'The Haunted House' if you knew where to look. Perhaps somewhat passable since Duel was still 'The Haunted House', but either way it wouldn't be a big deal even if they remained a short while after opening day.

You’re kidding aren’t you? There’s still well over a week to go - that’s like a month in AT time. It’ll get done - the paint may still be a bit sticky on opening day but it’ll be done 😀

Last edited:
I think one thing people going on opening weekend need to remember is this will not be “complete”.

I can’t think of a dark ride (maybe Disney with their never ending build times) that didn’t have a lot of work in the first few weeks based on guest feedback (or due to tech struggling when run all day every day). Like theatre shows they will adapt as they see the ride running with real guests.

Just trying to head off the inevitable disappointment.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.