• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If it helps, I tend to use the list of current job openings to give an idea of how quickly things are moving along. Currently they’re recruiting for techs, electricians, joiners, scenic artists, the list goes on. If all these positions are currently required but unfilled then it’s safe to say progress may be slower than expected until people can be recruited.
Thank you for the info mate. Perhaps I did think too deeply into that basis.

I'm curious though if they're going to give the ride some new scenes, will they use new molds on the older props like what Efteling is doing to Spookslot after its closure?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220909-103850_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220909-103850_YouTube.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20220909-103909_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220909-103909_YouTube.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 59
Why are you asking these questions to people who have no different information than you do?

Nobody outside the project knows anything about the minute details of the project. Let’s just wait and see
What's wrong with a little curiosity and speculation? Can't we have a formal discussion about the potential changes Happening to the ride? Its a forum, not a wiki page. We should be excited and having chats on what we'd like to see or what's we COULD see in the potential future.

Current year malarkey says we need more female representation so maybe having Emily in a major role is Towers' way of saying, "hey look, we're hip with a female lead with our ride's story!" Might sound silly but you'd be suprise at how many companies are doing this *cough*Disney*cough*.

I understand it might be a bit over the top however if done well it can work, maybe start of seeing her with the doll house scene as before and then have Emily appearing at many points during the ride in which her appearance gets more and more scary until we get to the finale and have her quite terrifying.

Anyway, another thought I might ask is what about the extended queueline in which given that they have cleared it up, wonder if that'll be seeing changes too? Looking at recent videos of it from closing day, it is rather bare with the gravestones being very few and maybe they might be thinking of adding more which could be little interactive features with guests or perhaps some of the writing on the gravestones could be amusing references to past Towers rises that could add to the Easter egg nods for the fans, actually Merlin could possibly poke fun at itself with one gravestone regarding DBGT saying that 'died for being too expensive.' :p

Granted, this is depending if the ride is ever going to see bigger queues on a regular basis as it probably won't be done if the ride is going to get walk on times as is now. Still, some tweaks and fixes to the queueline would be nice in all fairness.
I think it's a little ridiculous to imply that Emily Alton being the lead character would be pandering in any way- it's just appealing to the trope of "spooky little girl" which has been around for decades. See: The Exorcist, The Ring, Poltergeist, etc.

From what we know so far I think it's quite realistic to anticipate that she will be a major part of the new attraction

I think it's a little ridiculous to imply that Emily Alton being the lead character would be pandering in any way- it's just appealing to the trope of "spooky little girl" which has been around for decades. See: The Exorcist, The Ring, Poltergeist, etc.

From what we know so far I think it's quite realistic to anticipate that she will be a major part of the new attraction
I would say based on what teasers we have id agree with this

I would say based on what teasers we have id agree with this

Me three, everything so far points to that. 🙂

I think we'd all agree that a little is fine. But I don't think it is of benefit for this thread to be breathless with anticipation and fervour for the next six months, when when we likely won't know what to expect until the doors open next spring.
But what about the added weight of all those polyfilla’d holes in the set pieces?

It’s all I’ve been thinking about.

Just a thought I had, wonder if the revamp ride will see the ride staff have given new themed outfits? Who knows, Nemesis' ride staff might get their themed outfits back for the 30th anniversary?

Given how Towers have started to bring some of them back such as Smiler and Wicker Man, seeing a revamped HH with staff wearing appropriate themed outfits would be good. Actually, even during the HH days I don't recall staff having themed uniforms other the Duel: Live! Event at Scarefest IIRC.

Just a thought I had, wonder if the revamp ride will see the ride staff have given new themed outfits? Who knows, Nemesis' ride staff might get their themed outfits back for the 30th anniversary?

Given how Towers have started to bring some of them back such as Smiler and Wicker Man, seeing a revamped HH with staff wearing appropriate themed outfits would be good. Actually, even during the HH days I don't recall staff having themed uniforms other the Duel: Live! Event at Scarefest IIRC.

I would think that's highly likely given the hype they have already started to create around the revamp. Clearly this isn't going to be just a spruce up.

I think we will get a revamped ride, new shop, new audio, new uniforms the lot...

I would think that's highly likely given the hype they have already started to create around the revamp. Clearly this isn't going to be just a spruce up.

I think we will get a revamped ride, new shop, new audio, new uniforms the lot...
The shop definitely needs more theming, Spooks R' Us really lacks the theming excluding the window near the ceiling.

For new audio, if the original doesn't return, if like to see them do a remix of it. @BritishThemeParkArchive Haunted House 30th anniversary soundtrack is a perfect example of one. If it's something along the line with that, I'd be swelled.

I'd love to see the staff dress up as ghosts, or old house inhabitants like gentleman in old evening suits, a butler, etc.

If staff get themed uniforms, would be fun if they help build up the anticipation by giving some guests a scare or even hamming it up. I remember going on ToT at DLP just when it opened and I can distantly remember the ride staff getting into the mood and often messing around with the guests which honestly added a lot and probably one of the best ride staff interaction with guests I've seen.

Even my Dad who knows next to nothing about rides couldn't stop raving about the build up before you boarded the ride was brilliant. Just imagine if the Duel/HH can get the chance to do some of that and given how recently we've seen how the Duel staff can act like trolls over this season such as adding the skeletons in the queue for no reason other than just trolling us enthusiasts then I'm sure they'll want to be, ahem, more theatrical than most.

I would love to see a return of the original lighting I hear the HH queue area was much darker.

I remember from a documentary that one of the effects that was proposed was a orb that would show up and disappear but at the time it was too hard to do but is now probably achievable via projection. I wonder if they will be looking back at old ideas at things they would have liked to have done but couldn't to see if they are viable now

Actually, something I just realised from the original Duel backstory about the surgeon going missing...

...we actually didn't exactly find out what happened to him after all these years. I'd assume the zombies got him but it's never made clear unless knows the ride better than I do. Oh well, the house is back in the hands of the ghouls so who cares about him? :p

I heard he was sex-trafficked to Kosovo by the Albanian mafia. I could be wrong though. It was Gary in the betting shop in Uttoxeter who told me.
And Sir Henry and Emily Alton are like:
hLcEkSh_d.webp

Actually, something I just realised from the original Duel backstory about the surgeon going missing...
...we actually didn't exactly find out what happened to him after all these years. I'd assume the zombies got him but it's never made clear unless knows the ride better than I do. Oh well, the house is back in the hands of the ghouls so who cares about him? :p
Do u think his supposed to be that Zombie that got the white shirt on that’s screams in the window that use to open/closed?

Do u think his supposed to be that Zombie that got the white shirt on that’s screams in the window that use to open/closed?
Hmm, never really saw him that well given how poor the set up for the zombies were nor can I actually remember the scene in question compared to the original HH scenes in the ride.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.