• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Doesn't really scream the Etho of the Original HH with JW not liking to scare guests but rather through humor and over the top things... though this could just be for all the marketing yet.

But this isn’t the original Haunted House. It’s an entirely different attraction. Why should anything that was said about a 30 year old ride, that closed 20 years ago be relevant to this attraction?
Because he said it in the interview with Lift Hills and Thrills of what he wanted...

Not sure you can gauge anything from a hashtag

It's there for a reason, and you would assume it is a hashtag the park have asked him to use, there's nothing else in the video to suggest a curse, also it's capitalised, that points towards it being a name.
I'm guessing it will either be "The Haunted House: The Curse of Emily Alton" or "The Curse of The Haunted House"

Because he said it in the interview with Lift Hills and Thrills of what he wanted...

He wanted to return to the ethos of being alone in the house which the Duel conversion ruined. That doesn’t really give anything away as to the scare level of the attraction.

I wouldn’t say that this particular ‘jump scare’ of a jack in a box is anymore scary than the screaming heads scene as it was originally indented before it was ruined with the updated lighting. This doesn’t prove anything either way in terms of the direction the attraction may take.

It's there for a reason, and you would assume it is a hashtag the park have asked him to use, there's nothing else in the video to suggest a curse, also it's capitalised, that points towards it being a name.

I would assume its as part of a pack they send 'Please use this hashtag when posting'. But to attempt to make direct correlations to the ride system or differences to the original haunted house is ridiculous

He wanted to return to the ethos of being alone in the house which the Duel conversion ruined. That doesn’t really give anything away as to the scare level of the attraction.

I wouldn’t say that this particular ‘jump scare’ of a jack in a box is anymore scary than the screaming heads scene as it was originally indented before it was ruined with the updated lighting. This doesn’t prove anything either way in terms of the direction the attraction may take.
Lol I think it's way scarier than the heads, unless if the sfx is silly XD. The reason why I think the screaming head sworked to be scary and funny was because of their sudden movements and screams, but the really funny and over exaggerated faces they pulled off at you.

I would assume its as part of a pack they send 'Please use this hashtag when posting'. But to attempt to make direct correlations to the ride system or differences to the original haunted house is ridiculous
Sure making direct correlations to the ride system from this hashtag would be ridiculous, although looking back through the posts I can't see where anyone has done that. Regarding differences to the original Haunted House, I don't remember a curse being part of the story line (I may be wrong of course, it's been gone a while), so the hashtag correlating to differences from the original wouldn't be ridiculous at all.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.