• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I agree with @RIPCorky; whilst they are going into the current facade, it very much looks like they are on the ride, and I do think that that could quite plausibly be guests being taken into a doll's house...

I wouldn't be surprised, in fact, if it were to be a doll's house that is the current facade in miniature...

The things we've seen today offer quite strong evidence for the Emily Alton doll's house theory, in my view... I know many are dismissive of social media, but could this internet rumour end up being right?

There's more than one way to interpret a picture, your opinion isn't the only one. Respect others ideas until we have facts
I've not questioned anyone's interpretation of the picture. I'm merely pointing out that it is clearly the current facade they're going into. Pretty much every iconic image related to a ride or attraction at Towers over the last 43 years has come with a double helping of creative license. In comparison to Corkscrew and Nemesis, this is hilariously on the more realistic side.

I've not questioned anyone's interpretation of the picture. I'm merely pointing out that it is clearly the current facade they're going into. Pretty much every iconic image related to a ride or attraction at Towers over the last 43 years has come with a double helping of creative license. In comparison to Corkscrew and Nemesis, this is hilariously on the more realistic side.
It is the facade yes. Quite obvious that Emily Alton will be heavily featured in this new ride going by that new promotional material.

The most interesting thing about this pic surely is the ride vehicle. 2 across, 3 rows at least (assuming it is accurate, and I know it is just a promo shot so may not be). So new ride system?

Considering the time constraints and budget they have done really well to get rollercoaster with at least 3 row trains into the house if the marketing is to be taken at 100% face value.

I don't know enough about Mack's existing dark ride train designs to know whether a three row one exists (assuming they'd go to them, rather than a third party) or if it's entirely creative license to justify why the viewer of this image is sat behind the two rows of riders.

It looks like some kind of monster or ghost is holding on to the back of the car. The cars almost certainly will be the same as Duel's, albeit with the rear middle seat returned for a capacity of 6 guests. Maybe they'll have hands on the back like the image depicts though.

It looks like some kind of monster or ghost is holding on to the back of the car. The cars almost certainly will be the same as Duel's, albeit with the rear middle seat returned for a capacity of 6 guests. Maybe they'll have hands on the back like the image depicts though.
That's definitely a possibility, but the hands do seem to be holding on in the same way as the rider in front. Which could then indicate there is room for three people in the back, as the hands would be belonging to someone sat in the middle of a row.

Or the designer just thought the hands made for a better foreground than the back of the ride car did and this is an enjoyable but otherwise pointless speculation point :p.

Well Merlin Magic Making and the parks marketing team is completely separate from operations. Which I believe is where the faults lie, I include food into ops.

MMM seems to be very very good atm, I think it helps having a good creative lead of RTPs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Max
Controversial opinion coming up:

It seems that a lot of people are really digging for this new ride so far from the promotion, but personally for me, I'm still quite skeptical. I personally think that Dolls, Doll houses, creepy girl, and toys are some of the most typical and overused elements of horror in general and feels a bit uncreative. Though I'm really happy that the blasters are finally gone and the spiders seem to be staying for the foreseeable future. Still not a fan of the whole 'Doll house' concept. The facade doesn't remind me of one.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.