• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

It is a nice surprise, somewhat undermined by claiming it's "definitely the most surprising news of the year" in the thread for the recently opened revamp, which just seems to be provoking a reaction.

It is a nice surprise, somewhat undermined by claiming it's "definitely the most surprising news of the year" in the thread for the recently opened revamp, which just seems to be provoking a reaction.
It's just the biggest surprise for me, that's all. We all pretty much knew Duel would be different to what it was last year, name wise and theme, but this one post, no tease or anything, just "poof", which caught me off guard. Besides, there really isn't anywhere appropriate to post this aside for the Documentary thread and here. If there is somewhere, please let me know.

I really like Alton Manor a big step up from Duel and impressed how they've pulled this of with what's probably a pretty reasonable budget.

I liked the hide and seek aspect of the ride however, they either need to improve the audio in the dark room.
I could give them the benefit of the doubt maybe they were rushing against the clock and had a stroke of genius to have a part of the hide and seek game in darkness to save time and improve later on and didn't have the time to set up more dynamic and louder surround sound audio which could have made it work much better.
That's definitely the part which needs the most improvement regardless.

The trommel tunnel is so awesome I was glad when I heard it returned but I had no idea the effect would work so well especially with the spinning clock it works so well.

Emily in the car when you see your reflection and then to a what I guess is a glass panel was really decent although out of sync on a couple of my rides but amazing when it worked fully (flying heads and some other effects were also out of sync on 1 or 2 rides I had which I noticed).

A couple of screens but very high quality can't whinge the ride doesn't rely on them and they were used quite well.

Attention to detail is what made me go round 7 times, would have been much more but my friends only rode twice as they weren't so keen on it which was unfortunate.

Definitely some scenes I wish we were going around slower but atleast that makes it so I'll keep having things to notice on future re-rides.
For example Emily Alton on the swing I had no reason to think to turn around until around my 4th ride and realized she disappears which I assume is another cleverly done mirror effect.

The jumpscare at the end I found to be really quiet maybe it was triggering slightly early like it's fairly loud but not near enough to make me jump, no point of this ride I found to be jumpy so in that sense it lives up to the spooky for the whole family.
I'd still ride first before taking any kids on as all kids have very different thresholds to this kinda thing.

Overall though I really really like this attraction and definitely think you would all look great in Emily Alton's doll house.
It went from a ride I do 1-3 times per season to a must do every trip for me now.

I'd like to just add a point I think people are misunderstanding the "flying heads" scene as they think it doesn't fit with the new storyline. In Fact it does, it's the head of the spirit that's taken over Emily. so it's sort of Emily revealing her true form in a way I thought this might help clear things up. This is also hinted at in the "let's play hide and seek" scene

I’m not sure the issue is any confusion with what the head is meant to be, the issue for me is there used to be two flying heads and a static head so you had 3 “gags” in quick succession.

When I rode it on opening day only the last head mechanism was used (whether that is the intention or just down to a fault I don’t know).

Will be riding it for the first time on 21st May, does seem like it’s a ride that you can’t take everything in in one go from what everyone’s saying. My friend I’m going with didn’t know Duel had closed, and she said yesterday it’s her favourite ride and was excited to get back on it. Had to obviously explain it wasn’t a thing anymore 😬

My friend I’m going with didn’t know Duel had closed, and she said yesterday it’s her favourite ride and was excited to get back on it. Had to obviously explain it wasn’t a thing anymore
I do think the park should consider adding another shooter ride, they are often good for the middle age kids who don’t want CBeebies but aren't big enough for coasters.

I’m not sure the issue is any confusion with what the head is meant to be, the issue for me is there used to be two flying heads and a static head so you had 3 “gags” in quick succession.

When I rode it on opening day only the last head mechanism was used (whether that is the intention or just down to a fault I don’t know).
There are three heads and I was referring to a few people who I've seen (not just on this forum) refer to them as zombies or remnants from duel then they're not

There are three heads and I was referring to a few people who I've seen (not just on this forum) refer to them as zombies or remnants from duel then they're not

The head I saw was definitely not the existing aesthetic so it’s either been replaced or adapted, sounds like when I rode heads 1 & 2 where just faulty which is good.

The heads were there and moving when I rode but not lit properly. I'm sure it'll be sorted.

Just saw on someone's twitter account, it was a random account and I've lost the tweet, but apparently some things have been added into the ride (was very unspecific so I'm not sure). It could be false but worth noting just in case.

The heads were there and moving when I rode but not lit properly. I'm sure it'll be sorted.

To be fair if it’s not UV light wouldn’t it be difficult to light up the flying heads properly without seeing the mechanics, that was the trouble before wasn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Preshow is slightly timed different, there is a projection of Emily on the keyhole part, the audio is generally clearer and louder, Emily pops out of a coffin and screams in the graveyard and at the end there's a statue of her and snowy in the window
Are the blank sections still blank?

The Preshow is slightly timed different, there is a projection of Emily on the keyhole part, the audio is generally clearer and louder, Emily pops out of a coffin and screams in the graveyard and at the end there's a statue of her and snowy in the window
Is this the coffin in the hearse or located elsewhere ?