• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

IMG_20230426_121047.jpg
Notice how the little puppet set on the table on the right is the same one you pass through later! Also the wallpaper pattern is the house itself!

Wow great spot on both! Never noticed the towers wallpaper, so much incredible attention to detail here! Next year when Nemesis opens
And Sub this year, that will be 3 new solid attractions for me to make the visit worth while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something I noticed today, the model of the house to the left just after the small spiders in the attic scene I believe is the same one used to promote The Haunted House at the end of Around the World in 80 days, then later put in the ride itself to replace the swamp monster, then later put into the staff area when it was converted to Duel.

EDIT: Bad pic but it likely is

Haunted House Model.jpg

Last edited:
Something I noticed today, the model of the house to the left just after the small spiders in the attic scene I believe is the same one used to promote The Haunted House at the end of Around the World in 80 days, then later put in the ride itself to replace the swamp monster, then later put into the staff area when it was converted to Duel.

Haunted House Model.jpg
Is that also the Haunted House Jr that sat on the first floor of Magic Headquarters outside the Uniform office and Men's toilets?

Rode The Curse again today whilst on park and sadly a few effects weren’t working.

• A few panels of the moving walls at the beginning weren’t moving
  • The mirror scene didn’t work for us (Emily popped up in the screen but the duplicate ride vehicle didn’t move)
  • A few of the jumpscare dolls didn’t move
  • The lightning effect in the garden scene wasn’t working, and the moving wraith wasn’t lit at all
  • The pepper’s ghost effect in the coffin in the hearse wasn’t working

We also noticed that one of the air vents on the ceiling was extremely visible and letting a lot of light in, meaning you could see a lot of the ride system/mechanisms

We also noticed that one of the air vents on the ceiling was extremely visible and letting a lot of light in, meaning you could see a lot of the ride system/mechanisms
I remember an air vent being extremely visible above the nursery area, but it didn't result in any of the mechanisms becoming visible. Where was the air vent you mentioned?

I remember an air vent being extremely visible above the nursery area, but it didn't result in any of the mechanisms becoming visible. Where was the air vent you mentioned?
I believe it was just before the scene with the chalkboard, revealing the “2+3=5” just hadn’t noticed it before on any of my other rides

I believe it was just before the scene with the chalkboard, revealing the “2+3=5” just hadn’t noticed it before on any of my other rides

The vents have always been part of the building, I believe they are linked to methane sensors and will be opened when levels are high to ventilate the building. It’s because the methane levels in the ground can be high.

Most of the time the vents are closed, which is why you may not have experienced it before.

The vents have always been part of the building, I believe they are linked to methane sensors and will be opened when levels are high to ventilate the building. It’s because the methane levels in the ground can be high.

Most of the time the vents are closed, which is why you may not have experienced it before.
Yes of course, that makes total sense! I did link the vents to the methane sensors but did not realise that the vents are closed most of the time.

Yeah the ground was originally boggy marshland, so methane sensors had to be incorporated into the planning.

Waking up with some serious FOMO this morning - all I can think about it wanting to get back on for another ride 😂

Were the air cannons not a thing until recently then? That's the main thing that made me jump in the finale and made it super impactful to be honest - did they have anything else beforehand to simulate a similar effect, or was it just her face getting lit up with a sound effect? I really do think that finale scare is incredible though, the scale is super impressive too!
Opening it just had the loud bang of the wooden thing on the right. The air cannon’s definitely didn’t go off, or weren’t the same as they were on Monday, as it was so much louder and impactful.

Haunted House Model.jpg
Wow!

I’m looking forward to riding this for the first time tomorrow. I don’t realistically know how many rides I’m going to get on it with it being such a short day, particularly if today is any indicator. Hopefully it is on top form like people are saying 🤞🏻

Had 3 rides on this today, and what a great ride it is. The mirror scene worked every time even though Emily on the first mirror was different every time. Audio was out of sync on ride 2 and 3 for the big Emily. Audio also clashes going into the dolls house where she says “you’ll look perfect in my dolls house” it’s as if all the audio around it is too loud and it drowns it out. Swinging Emily where she disappears is one of my favourite scenes. What a fantastic ride! I know everyone is different but how anyone prefers Duel to this is beyond me, but hey ho!

Swinging Emily where she disappears is one of my favourite scenes.
Swinging Emily disappears?! Well I never - that's an effect that must've not been working for me on Tuesday then. I do remember going past it and thinking "surely something is going to happen here?" and nothing ever did other than the slight jumpscare just before you go past her. I just put it down to her being something to look at so you don't anticipate the jumpscare just before her.
Makes me even more excited to get back to the park for some more re-rides tbh!

It's a simple enough effect but it's easy to miss if you don't look back as you pass the cage

Swinging Emily disappears?! Well I never - that's an effect that must've not been working for me on Tuesday then. I do remember going past it and thinking "surely something is going to happen here?" and nothing ever did other than the slight jumpscare just before you go past her. I just put it down to her being something to look at so you don't anticipate the jumpscare just before her.
Makes me even more excited to get back to the park for some more re-rides tbh!
You have to look behind you, it's good attention to detail to the ride and love the effect even if it's just as simple as a mirror.