• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

@djtruefitt you may want to do a social post with the ride restrictions, the person who gave me permission to share them said that they want people to see them before it opens.
Unless that person is Alton Towers themselves, then we wouldn't post something safety critical like ride restrictions unless a sign is seen in situ at the attraction or the app is updated - at present that's not the case.

If Alton Towers want the restrictions to be published more widely, then I'm sure they'll update their app and utilise their own social media. We'll then be happy to report it.

Been given permission to share this, here are the restrictions for TCAAM;

SPOILER_Screenshot_2023-03-14-17-29-06-73_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912.jpg

As expected, the height restriction is a minimum of 0.9m with those under 1.1m requiring an adult. And unsurprisingly filming and photography is strictly prohibited, and hopefully they'll enforce that this time (cough, Gangsta Granny).
Apparently smoking is an effect used in the attraction. Emily's picked up a dirty habit while being locked in the attic.

I may be looking too much into this but on the recent advertising posts, do you think the ride track goes around a giant Emily towards the end? if we’re believed to be shrunken down? That would be incredible but obviously budgets and time frame I don’t expect to be completely blown away! However everything I’ve seen so far I’m very impressed, it’s made me change my opinion on merlin as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Really liking all of the marketing for this! It would be nice if there was also a TV advert but seeing as they already have the short breaks ad then that may be unlikely. If there is an Alton Manor TV advert then I suspect it would air this weekend.

Has maybe been previously discussed but is anyone holding out for an overhaul on the station? I always felt it was a huge anticlimax before even getting on the ride. The building itself has always looked incredible and lots of details in the first and second room with the fire, Emily’s playhouse, rocking horse and a ‘pre show‘-esque tv once upon a time explaining how zombies had overrun the house (although I DESPISED that cheap changing portrait they put in later on) and then you turn to the station and it was blank with the operators cabin being the main attraction and lit up like Blackpool illuminations. Always ruined the experience for me.

Are we expecting something more thematic? Or am I hoping for Disney-style details on a Merlin budget? A Merlin revamp budget no less.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to interrupt but I just had a thought.

I was just watching a POV of Duel and thought the car was moving quite fast, not leaving much time to take in the scenery.

I hope they slow it down a bit for Curse. The faster pace fit the more action-based theme of Duel, but now I think a slow, creepy atmosphere it much more appropriate.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

Great advert, although knowing how much airtime costs (not that kind), the long shot of the corridor seems wasted. I see on second watch that Emily is 'hiding' in each shot.

I like how they have created and centred a proper character for this new iteration of the ride. Should hopefully please some of the regulars in this thread.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to interrupt but I just had a thought.

I was just watching a POV of Duel and thought the car was moving quite fast, not leaving much time to take in the scenery.

I hope they slow it down a bit for Curse. The faster pace fit the more action-based theme of Duel, but now I think a slow, creepy atmosphere it much more appropriate.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

That’s a very good point be interesting to see but if it’s is fast paced it will also make it very re-rideable!

I’m sure your be happy the grand hall staying! Looks like the banner in that other video you shown perhaps.

All that's left to satisfy me now is if the flying demons are present in this variation of the ride. I'm sure the news article from a couple days back mentioned flying demons, so it'd make sense if it was referring to them in the grand Hall.