• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Alpenexpress & Tiroler Wildwasserbahn Rebuild

The ride programming looks to be different to old Alpenexpress from that POV - the train comes into the station much faster at the end of the ride than it used to.
Aren't the Mack mine train speeds fully controlled by the operator? Could just be the operator rather than anything with the control system.

The old one certainly had manual speed control but my assumption (admittedly based on zero evidence) was that it would have been changed to fully automatic operation as part of the upgrade/rebuild/replacement.

Either way, the operator always used to slow the train down a crawl well before the station on the final lap. The video shows it coming into the station much faster than I've ever seen it

I just hope they don’t have the full “attention please, the train is leaving” announcement in French, German and English for every dispatch.

Just send it like the good old days!

Yes I can imagine that the announcement has been a placeholder used during testing. And as they weren’t expecting this to open today, it hadn’t been removed!

I see the point about the rockwork being formed into very artificial looking shapes to accommodate the number of tunnels. I suppose there’s very little way around this when there are so many tunnels in such a tight space. It would be good to see a little more than just rockwork as well - it needs breaking up with something to add some more interest. I suspect that will arrive in the coming weeks though.

That aside, it’s been ten months and 6 days since the area was gutted by the fire. To have it open again in that time is absolutely incredible.

Yes I can imagine that the announcement has been a placeholder used during testing. And as they weren’t expecting this to open today, it hadn’t been removed!
I doubt it's even there for testing as that'd probably be a klaxon. I can picture somebody being sent at speed to the cabin to add the first announcement they could lay their hands on.

Attendees to the Voltron media event the other day were given a sneak peek at the Austria Adventure Trail;

Spoilers

Have to say, it looks great! Nice views from the top as well. Not quite finished yet though of course.

Also, AlpenExpress and Tiroler wildwasserbahn aren't officially open yet and aren't quite finished. Press event attendees got exclusive rides on them.

I can pinpoint the exact start/end of where the old Diamond Mine used to be 😔.

That being said, it is still incredible how in less than a year they can rebuild two substantial attractions amongst a new walkthrough. Unlike a particular park on the border of Greater London.

The amended landscape feels more beneficial to the Wildwasserbahn than Alpen, however I’ll hold off full judgement until the official opening.

Both rides soft opened yesterday for the ResortPass holder previews. Since they've also opened today too, I'd imagine this will be the case for most days leading up to the opening now. Judging by the posters up in the flume's queue line which @Pedro kindly grabbed a picture of yesterday, this has been the plan for a while as they add finishing touches over the next two and a bit weeks. I'd expect downtime on off peak weekdays to finish off larger scale work, as well as continuing work overnight:

flume_poster.png
Still ridiculously impressive how fast they've got to this stage!