• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Alpenexpress & Tiroler Wildwasserbahn Rebuild

It’s interesting because the New Attractions video for this year suggests both rides will be open from Easter. Some slightly mixed messaging or something’s been lost in translation.

Well Chessington have seemingly given up on theirs after it smouldered slightly 2 years ago.

I still can't believe it's up and running only a few weeks after Voltron started testing, considering that was well under construction this time last year whilst old Alpenexpress was still operating

I'm actually surprised they're not just going ahead and opening this at the same time as Voltron. There seems to be just as much, if not a little less to be done over in the Austrian area in comparison to Croatia.

I think the majority of work to do in Austria is more obstructed from view. The adventure trail rockwork still looks pretty unfinished in places, whereas Croatia looks substantially finished, in terms of structures at least.

I’m fairly unforgiving on Croatia and Voltron not being ready, but fair play with Austria. It’s almost beyond belief that the area will have been made safe, demolished, redesigned and rebuilt, with significant portions of both rides redone and the new adventure trail and shop all being completed in less than a year. All whilst the park has been open with guests passing by every day for all but a 2+ month period. And with sp many other projects all going on concurrently.

It’s a truly gargantuan task to have completed in such a short period. Bravo!

Some attendees of the other day's press conference got a tour of the rebuilt Edelstein Grotte which will now be the exit route of the new Adventure Trail. Seems a very faithful rebuild, nice some of the Welt Der Diamanten lives on.
Thanks for sharing @CSLKenny

I missed this when you first posted this. Your post and the recent post on Facebook (Click Here) have made me feel a lot better about this rebuild, I was worried a lot of the charm the orginial version had was going to be lost, but this does not look to be the case, and it looks like it is going to be an improvement.

Looking forward to exploring this rebuilt area at the end of May.

Alpenexpress has suffered a similar fate to Voltron and stopped/stalled with guests on. Nothing going right for EP today it seems!

EDIT: Looks like this has now been sorted and guests are being allowed back on.

I love the fact that guests were riding these rides well after Voltron had started being built, both rides burnt down, have been fully rebuilt, and are now admitting guests onto them BEFORE guests have been able to ride Voltron.

Kudos to the park for getting these open for the pass holders.

They turned that project around incredibly quickly and it looks far superior to The Flying Fish or Scorpion Express. It feels like it will looks good at night, and it will obviously look better when the log flume’s running.

By Europa Park’s very high standards, though, I think it looks disappointing. It doesn’t look like they’ve created tunnels through a mountain. It looks like they’ve built rockwork around a track (which is obviously what they have done). To be fair, it’s hard to avoid this and arguably Veloicoaster has the same issue. Then you’ve got the slide which has a very obvious play area look to it. It also looks very grey. Maybe it’ll grow on me, but by Europa Park’s standards it looks a little weak (although still better than what we see at most parks).

The ride programming looks to be different to old Alpenexpress from that POV - the train comes into the station much faster at the end of the ride than it used to.

Also from the POV, the trilingual departure announcement (lifted from EP express/panoramabahn) seems overkill, hopefully at some point sense prevails and they ditch that.

I'll reserve judgement on the ride/area until it's fully finished but I still can't believe how quickly they've got it all ready to go. Meanwhile, at Chessington...