• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Alpenexpress & Tiroler Wildwasserbahn Rebuild

There’s not usually a great deal of unique merchandise in that Spanish shop, so if it was a case of needing to shift stuff they could have easily sent it to one of the other outlets.

Many people exit the park via Spain, either because they are in the hotels or because they are staying in Rust and that exit is closer to their accommodation. Ideally you want a shop near to any exit from a theme park, as it's when people are most likely to buy something!

I must say. I do love the very German efficiency of Europa and how they bounce back so well and fast. The fire was a great shame, but I will very much enjoy the rebuild.

By the way, I would like to apologise to all if I seemed to come across a bit aggressive in my debate earlier in this thread, it was not intended to be at all. After re reading my posts I think I was very much caught up in the debate a bit too much.

Last edited:
I love how in that video, on one side they're demolishing the building and on the other side they are tiling the replacement roof of the Panoramabahn station!

Looking at that, most of the structure will be gone in the coming days.

The hall is now totally gone...
index.php

The outdoor helix of Alpenexpress has also been half removed.
index.php

Source

I was hoping that some of the wonderful tunnel at the end of Diamond Mine might somehow have partially survived, but it appears not. Very sad.

Looks like the shop in Spain is being worked on, wouldn’t be surprised if that’s open again sooner rather than later.

Also hoped that last bit had survived. Was really well done.

The other day I was flicking through my photos from Rulantica last year, and noticed the model for the exit and gift shop of the diamond mine. It's up in Rulantica's entrance hall. At least that's a good reference to start the rebuild.

Construction worker Ed Euromaus has been set up in a flume boat with a sign reading "here we are rebuilding this attraction for you"
index.php

To the left you can see how the foundations of the former World of Diamonds hall are being jackhammered away. The area is being completely razed to the ground ahead of the total rebuild.
index.php

Source

I'd imagine the extreme heat has an impact on the integrity of the structures.

You can see some of the beautiful Diamond Mine exit path tile flooring there! 😭

I'd imagine the extreme heat has an impact on the integrity of the structures.

You can see some of the beautiful Diamond Mine exit path tile flooring there! 😭

I wonder if the whole of the mine train will be removed and the layout changed. With the new track design and new trains. I know people have spoke about the new trains not being the same

I'd be very surprised. The quickest way of getting it back in action is to just reproduce the original layout for which the plans will already exist.

The train is still in the station, and in great condition. The new trains are good, but don't have the same charm as the original Mack trains.

Given Alpen was presumably nearing the time it would need a retracking/new train (certainly there were rumours over the last couple years to that effect) this does give them, albeit on a quicker timescale and in less pleasant circumstances, the opportunity to renew the ride while keeping the station does exist now.

Mack offer block systems on their powered coasters now, a relatively new development. I wonder if they will boost capacity of this attraction by modifying the layout to make it longer / incorporate block sections for multiple trains. It would be a nice feature for the attraction to boost capacity.

As others have mentioned however, they more than likely will just want to get the thing open asap. But, has Europa Park ever done the obvious? While still hitting tight deadlines? They may just pull a rabbit out of the hat, they seem to execute that quite well, quite a lot of the time. I guess the phrase 'never say never' has never rung true as much as it does historically for Europa Park.

Last edited: