• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Alpenexpress & Tiroler Wildwasserbahn Rebuild

Could this weekend be a realistic timeframe for Panoramabahn to reopen, then?
Yes, as mentioned above 😉
Call me mad, but I actually wouldn't be surprised if it's open by the weekend.
I also reckon next season for Alpenexpress could be on the pessimistic side too.

If they put their minds to it I don't see why it couldn't reopen for winter season, sans building of course.
I agree, Scandinavia was such a huge job with so much infrastructure affected too. The major stuff for Alpenexpress (train, station, op panel etc) seems to have escaped unscathed - the same goes for the log flume too. Lots of damage but essentially it's mainly a metal box, track and troughs that've gone up in smoke. That's relatively quick to rebuild in comparison to the detailed buildings, facades and complexities of a partially underground ride in Scandinavia.
Does it use wooden sleepers or another material ?
Around that area it was just standard wooden sleepers and track over gravel. Unless something landed on it, gut feeling is it's relatively undamaged. The main hurdle will be how safe the station is (it looks like superficial damage to the roof tiles) and how quickly the station charging system can be brought back into use.

TFW you're on break, find out a favourite theme park has had another fire and go back on shift pretending to be a calm and professional manager whilst crying on the inside 😭

I'm honestly still in shock over yesterday's events as well as the poor luck Europa-Park has had and how it's going to push back their plans once more but, again, very grateful there were no major casualties or fatalaties. It's a big blow to the summer line up not having Alpenexpress and Tiroler around and to park accessibility considering Panoramabahn's importance to families and visitors with mobility issues. And Zauberwelt der Diamanten was one of my favourite walkthrough attractions for its charm and quiet atmosphere so it's going to be very strange not returning next time.

As Craig and others have speculated above, the park might have a quick turnaround getting Panoramabahn back on track, demolishing the show building and putting up Austrian and Spanish facade hoardings. And hopefully Alpenexpress might be an easy fix if it's just the show building track, sleepers and support that need replacing? I do wonder what will happen with Tiroler Wildwasserbahn, as Tiroler was a Mack Rides x Arrow Dynamics collab, and whether the Macks are able to manufacture the same trough and source the required parts. As do I wonder whether Zauberwelt der Diamanten will return or replace it with the cutesy Yomi stuff they keep pushing.

Nevertheless, another sad chapter of sudden loss in Europa-Park's history.

According to the following Tweets, the plan is to hopefully have the Panoramabahn open by this weekend. Then Alpenexpress and Tiroler by next year at the latest. No timeframe on reconstruction of the show building that’s been lost.

If they manage to get the train open by this weekend I will be amazed, the turn around of that is outstanding! The Mack family once again showing the world how to deal with a disaster and move forward.

It'd hard to see but zoom in on the picture where Alpenexpress leaves the show building and you'll notice a fairly warped bit of banking I'm sure wasn't like that before. There must have been a lot of heat blasting through that hole.

I'm sure bare minimum it'll be getting a complete retrack inside, if only to ensure it hasn't developed internal faults in the steel.

It'd hard to see but zoom in on the picture where Alpenexpress leaves the show building and you'll notice a fairly warped bit of banking I'm sure wasn't like that before. There must have been a lot of heat blasting through that hole.

I'm sure bare minimum it'll be getting a complete retrack inside, if only to ensure it hasn't developed internal faults in the steel.
Yup there was a closeup of the track in those press images that Danny posted last night, very heavily warped. No surprise considering how much it was burning at one point:
des-pompiers-observent-les-degats-sur-le-batiment-qui-a-brule-photo-dna-franck-delhomme-168720...png

I wouldn't object to a full retrack with the new, very comfortable Mack powered trains with onboard audio...

I don't think there is any need for a new train. The more we spend here, with anything more than replacing what was there, will delay other projects in the park.

Whilst I applaud the comfort of the new style train seats, there’s something quite fun about rattling around in those bucket benches.

T Rex Family Coaster is also soulless. On ride audio doesn't add much either

That thing that they built at Efteling in place of the Bob is fairly devoid of any character. It would be nice if they can maintain some of the original vibe of Alpenexpress.

We only visited Efteling for the first time this year so can’t comment on Bob, but thought M&M was great fun and had bags of character. I think once the planting has matured it’ll become a classic in its own right.

I didn't even find the entrance to the Diamond Mine until my second Europa visit. But I'm glad I did. I could stand in there all day, a truly incredible walkthrough and I wish there were more like it in other parks. The park really has lost something very special there, an asset that makes Europa what it is.

Still, that burnt out shell still manages to have more charm than the Rapids and RMT tunnel at AT.

Still, that burnt out shell still manages to have more charm than the Rapids and RMT tunnel at AT.

A concrete tunnel maybe a concrete tunnel but at least it's more fireproof than the other rapids tunnel and has an operational powered coaster in it.