• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Geisterschloss Renovation

I wonder too if they were inspired/spurred on by Curse at Alton Manor, they have a similar timescale too of that project.

If Europa can do what Alton did to Duel in terms of pulling together a cohesive tone - then that'll be in the right direction, but Europe being Europa I imagine they'll ++ that.

but Europe being Europa I imagine they'll ++ that.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. 'Curse' is a much bigger and much newer ride with a more dynamic ride system. No criticism of Schloss – it's just a less major ride than 'Curse' is.

No evidence, but I've got a strange feeling that the ride experience changes we will see to Schloss will be very minimal. Usually EP would be shouting from the rooftops about a project like this (they have with Alpenexpress) but there's been almost nothing – not online, and not in the park when I was there last week either. There isn't even any sort of display or promo at the shuttered entrance to the ride.

I reckon that stretched budgets this year will mean that almost all the work will be in fire proofing it, and that major thematic changes will be delayed. I don't see any other reason why they're barely telling anyone about this project, which is the opposite of their usual MO.

Worth noting that the passage down the side of the 4D Cinema to Italy is currently closed. Causes it a bit of a bottleneck around Silvia on a busy day.

I expect one of the trains for the radio silence is that they don’t want to distract from the Voltron and Austria hype. Couple that with this seemingly being a very last minute decision and the marketing is naturally limited.

I don’t disagree on your assessment generally though. I expect we’ll see a very similar order of things - some of the limited artwork already suggest many of the props are only going to be redressed. It will certainly be nice to see a tidy up though to make the scenes more cohesive

I do not except drastic differences, too. They would have to change the ride system for that, and I think the space is too limited. I just hope that they discard some of the later additions to streamline the story, and try to concentrate on the atmosphere. And then put a proper trackless dark ride themed to Transylvania into Romania in a few years!

I’m not expecting anything significant, but if they can declutter some of the latter shoehorned additions and redress important pieces (not to mention fire-proof). It should be a noticeable improvement to say the least.

I imagine besides the key safety upgrades, a major Geisterschloss upgrade is relatively low priority at this point.

Though not perfect, my first experience of the ride in 2016 was definitely better than how it was more recently.