• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

It’ll be riding better than the Smiler ;)

Gravity hasn’t changed since 1994, there is a change it won’t feel as intense as it’ll be much smoother than we’re used to, but wheel compounds aside the forces will be broadly the same
Honestly Spinjam had the best forces of any towers ride. It used to tickle your feet it was that crazy

Reactions: Tom
What’s the deal with people desperately wanting to go opening day. The crowds on the Sunday will be much lower

Not everyone goes to the park to ride the maximum number of rides. Many will be going for the spectacle and atmosphere of the reopening of a crowd favourite, for many people Nemesis *is* Alton Towers and they want to be there
I wasn't into theme parks in 1994 when Nemesis first opened so never even considered going for its opening day; I don't even think I rode it until a year or two after it opened. However, 30 years on and I am very much into them and I will not miss this opening day. I'm touching 50 and if there will be a Nemesis 3.0 in 2054, I hope to still be around but I may not be able to ride it and/or experience another opening day. So this is my one and only chance. And that is how it will be for many thousands of people.

I may be being a bit melodramatic here but you will never experience that opening day atmosphere again. I was there for the last night of Nemesis in 2022 and it was something special. Even though I didn't stay until the very last train. You will never be able to repeat that experience or recreate that atmosphere and I am so glad I was there. It is exactly the same for opening day next month. The crowds will be worth it and will also add to the experience and atmosphere.

And I won't be ashamed to say that I will probably get quite emotional when I see it running for the first time in person and then ride it. I have 2 kids and as they were growing up we had a 1.4m mark on the edge of a door; every so often as they grew we'd mark their height. As soon as they got to 1.4m we were off to Towers to ride Nemesis (though they had been to Towers before). Both myself and their mum made a pact that Nemesis was to be their first "big" coaster. So Nemesis has a huge place in my heart. As does Towers. And I will be riding Nemesis on opening day with my 25yr old, 1.7m tall daughter!

And in case you were wondering, I do still have those height marks on that door. I can't bring myself to paint over them.

She come across really well. Ultimately she’s going to be limited by the budgets set by the top brass, but she seems to know what needs to be done and what guests want.

Let’s hope she’s backed

It is clear budgets seem to have loosened considerably though, she seems to be a very competent person to be in charge at this point.

When you consider its been winter with not much to do the opening of a theme park is quiet a big thing in some peoples eyes. If i didnt have a family i would go, its a Saturday, £50 and its open 10hrs. Yes it might be less mad on the sunday but its work the next day

I'm sure it used to appear for Scarefest with some coloured lighting, then disappear again. then at some point became permanent but without the lighting. Shame they didn't put rock work theming in that tunnel back when it opened, would look so much better. (Yay another concrete tunnel!)

I just saw a video which showed all the Alton towers maps from 1980 to 2023 and it’s made me realise just how different present day Towers is compared to when the park first opened 44 years ago. The scary thing is that in another 30 years time we’ll look back at 2024 when Nemesis reopened and be grateful for all the years we’ve had some of these rides. By then I doubt any of the big 7 except Wicker man will be left

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash
So it seems despite recent good development on the entrance to hotels path; the generators are back.

If nothing else I really hope Bianca sorts the lighting and food situation at Towers. Its a simple change that would really really help

I just saw a video which showed all the Alton towers maps from 1980 to 2023 and it’s made me realise just how different present day Towers is compared to when the park first opened 44 years ago. The scary thing is that in another 30 years time we’ll look back at 2024 when Nemesis reopened and be grateful for all the years we’ve had some of these rides. By then I doubt any of the big 7 except Wicker man will be left
I think 1 or 2 more rides will be retracked, but it will be strange when a large amount of the rides are gone.

So it seems despite recent good development on the entrance to hotels path; the generators are back.

If nothing else I really hope Bianca sorts the lighting and food situation at Towers. Its a simple change that would really really help

Not surprising for two reasons:

1) Even if they wanted to it would take time to get lighting everywhere.

2) They won’t get rid of the generators unless they invest in an emergency lighting generator power supply for the whole resort, last thing they need is a power cut at night that plunges the park into darkness with 15,000 guests on resort.

Not surprising for two reasons:

1) Even if they wanted to it would take time to get lighting everywhere.

2) They won’t get rid of the generators unless they invest in an emergency lighting generator power supply for the whole resort, last thing they need is a power cut at night that plunges the park into darkness with 15,000 guests on resort.

Not everywhere, even if just covering the areas those generators would be used. Its what 20-30 areas? No reason it couldn’t be done over a closed season

And in terms of generators, the park should (it may already have) its own back up generator for the entire site and/or redundant supplies into the park.

I imagine that’s already in place

Opening day seems sold out at the moment. I suspect they will rejig the allocations to make more available - but it suggests tickets for Nemesis reopening are selling well nonetheless.

IMG_6174.jpeg
I got an email a couple of days ago, basically reminding me of my booking for opening day and wishing me a good trip. It then said that, however, if I had decided not to go to please cancel online to free up space for others. Opening weekend sounds popular. New Nemesis plus rides in the dark will do that.