• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Well that’s a massive conincidence then as Rumba Rapids and Tiger Rock are also closed, almost as if Merlin are banking on water rides not being popular at this time of year.

Is it not more likely that two Intamin rapids are closed for the same technical reason. Either a technical alert from Intamin that needs fixing or a part required that has a long lead time?

As others have mentioned all the other Merlin water rides are open.

Right I’m all for the park extending opening times it’s great to see…but why on earth was last Friday not extended from 4 with some queues reaching 90 mins. The park is open 1 1/2 hours longer today and yet crowds look a lot lighter

Right I’m all for the park extending opening times it’s great to see…but why on earth was last Friday not extended from 4 with some queues reaching 90 mins. The park is open 1 1/2 hours longer today and yet crowds look a lot lighter
The opening hours might be longer today because it’s the Easter holidays in many places. If you’re basing it purely on queue times, the crowds may also not be any lighter; the operations may simply be more efficient.

The redemption of The Sun Savers tickets commenced today.

It will be interesting to see what the take up is this year with the majority of the tickets not being “free”

Also presume less will end up on eBay with them having to be purchased initially.

I know that variable pricing is controversial, but you can't argue at £29 off peak really? It has applications where it's less than desirable, but this seems like a good application of it.

I feel a little dirty for doing this, but I'm using the Sun offer this year. I've been trying to cut back on the amount of money of I give to Merlin in recent years until I feel my business is appreciated. Luckily, I can do this without having to buy a single copy of The Scum. As soon as the bookings opened, the website had high traffic and an estimated hour queue.

The redemption of The Sun Savers tickets commenced today.

It will be interesting to see what the take up is this year with the majority of the tickets not being “free”

Also presume less will end up on eBay with them having to be purchased initially.
I managed to get two freebies for midweek in late April, pretty much exactly when I wanted, via the weird booking system.
There were still plenty of freebies to choose from.
Only took an hour in the queue, three emails, and twice round the Towers booking system to get there.
No mobile, no printer, but all my booking and conformation details on a nice new slate with chalk.

Knowing the IQ of the average reader, many would have probably not noted that this year there was going to be a fee for most tickets.

In years past I've claimed the online codes and then also sent off the paper codes for an extra bonus set of tickets.

Here's the running order for the other offers through 2024 if anyone is interested.

1711386625297.png