• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

The CRR seem as though they are on the verge of opening for the bank holiday

298ff81f99b4d5d9cbf8fe37a8d3928f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heads up to anyone thinking of buying fasttrack through the app! I’m currently disputing a transaction through my credit card as while in the 2 hour queue for wicker man yesterday, we decided to purchase 2 single shot fast tracks for the smiler (because no one in their right mind would stand in that queue with school trips for 70 mins!).
We paid via the app, transaction was a success, the app “failed to retrieve tickets” and informed us that we would have to enter the code via an email (which never materialised!).

Headed over to guests services where we were told that it was sold out, that’s why our confirmation was never sent and said that the £20 would “linger in pending for a few days and then bounce back”

Lo and behold, the transaction has now been confirmed and the money has officially left my account as of midday today.

I know it’s “only £20” and that I’ll probably end up getting it back but this is just another thing to add to what has been a woeful start to a season, which is giving ammunition to the serial complainers who make the staffs day an absolute misery.

NB: woman in guest services couldn’t have been more polite and welcom-inn(g)

Heads up to anyone thinking of buying fasttrack through the app! I’m currently disputing a transaction through my credit card as while in the 2 hour queue for wicker man yesterday, we decided to purchase 2 single shot fast tracks for the smiler (because no one in their right mind would stand in that queue with school trips for 70 mins!).
We paid via the app, transaction was a success, the app “failed to retrieve tickets” and informed us that we would have to enter the code via an email (which never materialised!).

Headed over to guests services where we were told that it was sold out, that’s why our confirmation was never sent and said that the £20 would “linger in pending for a few days and then bounce back”

Lo and behold, the transaction has now been confirmed and the money has officially left my account as of midday today.

I know it’s “only £20” and that I’ll probably end up getting it back but this is just another thing to add to what has been a woeful start to a season, which is giving ammunition to the serial complainers who make the staffs day an absolute misery.

NB: woman in guest services couldn’t have been more polite and welcom-inn(g)
Similar thing happened to me with thorpe park single shot scare mazes, I don't have auto updates on and I think it's more likely to happen if it's not up to date, I had a back and forth with guest services and basically got told I was sh*t out of luck I then just went to the entrance told the guy at the entrance and showed me bank transaction and he was understanding and just let me through.

I’ve been quite a few times already this season so thought I would give my personal verdict on what areas/rides should stay at the park and what should leave in the somewhat near future.
Stay:
CBeebies
Spinball
X sector
Mutiny bay
Mine train
Curse
Valley

Leave:
Everything behind the towers on the left (Dark forest, Walliams world, Hex, Dungeons)
River Rapids

I think everything behind the towers needs binning. Just bin the whole lot scrap it all and start again. Hex never works, Dungeons have had their time, Walliams is crap, Dark forest is the weakest big area in the park. As for the Rapids, they take up a huge amount of space for such a mediocre ride it needs to go
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but yes. Thanks to the incident at Drayton Manor the rapids will never be the same. They got rid of the wrong water ride really. Log flume was much more popular and a lot more fun.

Mutiny bay a lovely area for kids (Wicker man theme to dark) I feel it blends in nicely.
CBB’s fine for small kids.

For me and being realistic it’s just the dark forest, X sector & Walliams world for future development?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a

Oh what a massive coincidence, open in time for Easter!

Who could possibly have called that?
On opening day, there was at least 1 wooden slat missing from the conveyor - either to be replaced or removed for access. If Towers have been faced with short staffing in the run up to opening day and they had to prioritise getting coasters/more popular rides ready, they made the right decision to leave the rapids until after opening (unless there was another reason for it not opening like waiting for a part). After all, at this time of the year you're not going to get many on it compared to the height of the summer so it hasn't really been missed in the grand scheme of things in these last couple of weeks. And to be honest, the way the weather is at the moment, I doubt it'll be rapids weather for a while anyway!!

On opening day, there was at least 1 wooden slat missing from the conveyor - either to be replaced or removed for access. If Towers have been faced with short staffing in the run up to opening day and they had to prioritise getting coasters/more popular rides ready, they made the right decision to leave the rapids until after opening (unless there was another reason for it not opening like waiting for a part). After all, at this time of the year you're not going to get many on it compared to the height of the summer so it hasn't really been missed in the grand scheme of things in these last couple of weeks. And to be honest, the way the weather is at the moment, I doubt it'll be rapids weather for a while anyway!!

I get that and I could clearly see the wooden slats in the converbelt yesterday so I don’t doubt that maintenance has been done on it.

I do question whether full effort has really been made to get it open for the start of the season though, although to be fair given the weather yesterday I doubt I’d have ridden it anyway.

It’s more just the principle of it which grates a bitZ

Similar thing happened to me with thorpe park single shot scare mazes, I don't have auto updates on and I think it's more likely to happen if it's not up to date, I had a back and forth with guest services and basically got told I was sh*t out of luck I then just went to the entrance told the guy at the entrance and showed me bank transaction and he was understanding and just let me through.
I did go to the guy on smilers entrance but he said there’s not much he could do. Which is understandable as anyone could say that and show a bank transaction as “proof” to essentially have platinum fasttrack all day 🤣

Quéing for smiler for barcodes lol

Attachments

• IMG_20240329_123755.jpg
    IMG_20240329_123755.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20240329_123739.jpg
    IMG_20240329_123739.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20240329_123545.jpg
    IMG_20240329_123545.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 63