• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

The size compared to the current game offering does make it seem like it's been built for potential multipurpose use in the future, even if they don't really have an idea outside of an arcade yet.
Agreed, surely it is just this; replacing a knackered old building with a new permanent one but ensuring it is large enough for potential alternative uses in the future. I don't really see how it has stoked up this big conspiracy theory!

General question that I’d love to know the answer to. Yesterday was very windy which saw Smiler, Oblivion and Wicker shut all day. The other coasters however operated with no problems. So does anyone know the wind gust limit of the big coasters?

I was at Thorpe yesterday afternoon and the only thrill rides open were Stealth, Nemmy and Rush - they gave free return tickets to everyone there and MAPs didn’t get anything. Saw was on and off in the morning but they just gave up after 2ish. Colossus was open this morning until 11am then shit all day; I don’t know whether this was wind-related or a different issue. What was it like at Towers?

I was at Thorpe yesterday afternoon and the only thrill rides open were Stealth, Nemmy and Rush - they gave free return tickets to everyone there and MAPs didn’t get anything. Saw was on and off in the morning but they just gave up after 2ish. Colossus was open this morning until 11am then shit all day; I don’t know whether this was wind-related or a different issue. What was it like at Towers?
Wicker Man didn't open all day, and I think Blivvy didn't either.

Everything was open today and operating fine. Yesterday Smiler Oblivion and Wicker were shut

General question that I’d love to know the answer to. Yesterday was very windy which saw Smiler, Oblivion and Wicker shut all day. The other coasters however operated with no problems. So does anyone know the wind gust limit of the big coasters?
I don't know the limits but I don't think they would be much higher, I think the main reason those rides close is because oblivion, the smiler and wickerman are very exposed to the wind as they are high up with little protection from trees, terrain etc this means that a gust that may close the smiler but may be absorbed by the trees arround galactica and nemesis and not close those rides

I don't know the limits but I don't think they would be much higher, I think the main reason those rides close is because oblivion, the smiler and wickerman are very exposed to the wind as they are high up with little protection from trees, terrain etc this means that a gust that may close the smiler but may be absorbed by the trees arround galactica and nemesis and not close those rides
All three will be the safety of any evacs because like you say, all the lift hills and platforms are high up and very exposed. Last thing you want is a sudden gust of wind knocking a guest over as they are walking along the top of Oblivion (even if they are harnessed to the railings!). Out of all three, I'd imagine it is only the Smiler that is also affected train-wise because the wind can cause problems with the trains (we all know what happened previously). Wouldn't have thought there are many areas of Wickerman and no areas on Oblivion where wind would have an adverse effect on the speed of the trains?

All three will be the safety of any evacs because like you say, all the lift hills and platforms are high up and very exposed. Last thing you want is a sudden gust of wind knocking a guest over as they are walking along the top of Oblivion (even if they are harnessed to the railings!). Out of all three, I'd imagine it is only the Smiler that is also affected train-wise because the wind can cause problems with the trains (we all know what happened previously). Wouldn't have thought there are many areas of Wickerman and no areas on Oblivion where wind would have an adverse effect on the speed of the trains?
I don’t get why an evac on Wicker man is deemed more risky in wind than on Th13teen or Spinball. Both those rides are similar height to Wicker man and are quite open

I don’t get why an evac on Wicker man is deemed more risky in wind than on Th13teen or Spinball. Both those rides are similar height to Wicker man and are quite open
Maybe it's because of the amount of walking involved and the number of people on each train? 24 vs 4 in high winds and with Spinball you're off the car and down the stairs. Wickerman you'd have to walk the length of the lift hill before you're out of the wind.

Maybe it's because of the amount of walking involved and the number of people on each train? 24 vs 4 in high winds and with Spinball you're off the car and down the stairs. Wickerman you'd have to walk the length of the lift hill before you're out of the wind.
What about Th13teen though. That’s 20 people and you’d have to walk the length of the lift on there

Generally speaking it’s related to what the ride manufacturer states is the limit rather than any decision made by the park. Different manufacturers will have different tolerances.

The only change post Smiler incident is the park used to ignore the manufacturer limits and now they don’t ignore it.