• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

The irony being Towers previously had a three year campaign showing this exact maintenance that Thorpe are doing and the majority lapped it up and applauded them.
Well we all like seeing updates, a bit of behind the scenes content is often popular. The issues at AT was it should never have just been a three year project, it should have continued after Wayne was promoted away and that they used it as an excuse to close things down after the Smiler incident.

Taken from the Alton Towers Instagram page today.

It could be a photo from months or even years ago, but could also be a very recent picture showing they’ve jet washed the mouldy concrete.

IMG_2129.jpeg

Last edited:

It could be a photo from months or even years ago, but could also be a very recent picture showing they’ve jet washed the mouldy concrete.

IMG_2129.jpeg

I looks worse there than it did, the grime at least hid the shoddy paint work. A repaint is a must. Perhaps they do have it planned, assuming the photo is of course, new.

I looks worse there than it did, the grime at least hid the shoddy paint work. A repaint is a must. Perhaps they do have it planned, assuming the photo is of course, new.

I’m not holding my breath in any way but if you were going to repaint you would do it closer to opening.

But as I say not holding my breath

IMG_2129.jpeg

That was done last closed season (or the one before, lost any concept of time post covid).

I know because I wondered (and still do) what purpose the random squares of uncleaned concrete serve..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why don’t they paint it with a strong white with orange symbols. Instead of jet washing it and then a few months later starts to look like a mouldy underpass? All the concrete in that area needs to be painted to distract us from our normal lifes of a mould reality, I don’t want to have fun on the M1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don’t they paint it with a strong white with orange symbols. Instead of jet washing it and then a few months later starts to look like a mouldy underpass? All the concrete in that area needs to be painted to distract us from our normal lifes of a mould reality, I don’t want to have fun on the M1.

Because keeping paint clean and white would probably need even more maintenance.

Don't feel so sad, get yourself smiling on Smiler when it opens soon! That'll fix ya frown!

In all seriousness, it'd be more expensive to maintain with paint applied, as with British weather as it is, the constant rain, humidity and sun can quickly wither away at the paint and force more paint to be applied. Which would repeat the cycle and cost more funds.

Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

Fair play. Hopefully a lovely lighting package on Nemesis to compliment it further!

I like the idea of this as something they can just do with relatively short notice. Busy in Summer? Pencil in a few Alton After Dark dates!

I won’t be taking advantage of it sadly as I seldom go on a Saturday, but I hope it’s a great success and we see it with much more regularity.

Although it could just be a reaction to strong early ticket sales as a result of Nemesis I guess.