• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

In the Blackpool Pleasure Beach documentary you see that they have (or had) holding cells in the park so wouldn’t be surprised if other parks at least used to have similar.
No longer in use. Some BPB security do have cuffs, I understand they are only for extreme circumstance. The police come in where needed, have seen it a few times.

There have been police hovering on Towers Street (as in, the place, not here!) on 'those' days in the past, particularly during Scarefest

Merlin advertising on twitter Towers Xmas sleepover. Confirming that this year again the Grotto and the Panto will remain hotel guests only.
Gonna be another disappointing year for Xmas event I worry
But thats where the actual money is, getting people into the hotels.
I doubt they got enough day guests who are not already annual passholders to make any significant income.

Is that a tiny sign that they could be planning something with the Towers event-wise or attraction-wise? Events and areas have been given their own identity in recent years, this is the first time I've seen this sort of thing for the Towers.

Is that a tiny sign that they could be planning something with the Towers event-wise or attraction-wise? Events and areas have been given their own identity in recent years, this is the first time I've seen this sort of thing for the Towers.
I don't think its worth reading that much into it, I think its just trying to make the barriers look nicer.

Nice to see they're continuing making the barriers look that bit nicer. Nick Varney complained about all the PED barriers when he visited the park just after the pandemic and immediately mandated that all barriers needed to be either painted or covered.

The fact they've actually taken the time to design a graphic for the heritage is a neat touch. Hopefully this means that they could still have plans to do stuff with the heritage they have, really enjoyed it all over COVID!

Merlin advertising on twitter Towers Xmas sleepover. Confirming that this year again the Grotto and the Panto will remain hotel guests only.
Gonna be another disappointing year for Xmas event I worry

The Santa Sleepovers always seem popular, so it was a given that it would return.

There could still be a chance of a day ticket covering the event for whatever is intended for the theme park.

I wouldn't be mad if they kept it hotel-guest only for this season again, however. Despite new management, the park is still in a bit of a state, and I would rather see them concentrate on improving the park and ride/attraction line-ups before exploring the avenue of Christmas/winter events for all.

Agree with the above. Tours are great and I am pleased to see that they are being offered for a reasonable price, but this should hopefully mean that they are able to open the Towers to the public once again.

The Towers should not be behind a paywall, as it were! Let's see, the first tour appears to be coming up the first weekend of July, so maybe the Towers will be open then.

Ah that's a shame, there's one on the 14th August which is the day before I'm going. Still great that they're offering them though! As @Rob says, hopefully the Towers will be open forthe public to walk around as well.