• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Pleasantly surprised at the price, especially as a one-and-done thing. I'd pay that just to get a view of the Banqueting Hall window from the inside.

Wonder how these will work logistically to avoid people tagging along for a freebie.

MAP twitter account seems to imply that some of the towers will be open to all but the roof will be restricted. So hopefully something for everyone
Will be disappointed if the roof is only accessible via the tour. Used to love going up there and the views of X sector are great.

Well then, this sounds interesting though I do wonder if this is to do with the Towers that at the same time that they'll announce Hex's return at the same time?

The fact that apparently we're supposed to get a announcement on Hex soon makes me suspect there could be more to this announcement of these tours?

Booked for the wife’s birthday. She’s really into history and the story of places so it’s perfect.
Won’t be an every year thing but that’s ok. And if the towers are open free for non tours and this helps maintain them for everyone else then it’s a good investment

It’d be good if the money raised from these specific sales was somehow ringfenced to improving the gardens and towers, though I suspect it’ll just go towards the overall profit/loss, and be minuscule in terms of what’s actually required.

There’s 22 dates with a max of 20 people per date. So fully sold out they are taking £4.4k revenue on these tours.

That’s before you take off costs of the tour guides, VAT and card booking fees.

It wouldn’t touch the sides in terms of the investment needed in the Towers and Gardens.

But good to see them trial something like this considering it isn’t going to bring in the big bucks.

There’s 22 dates with a max of 20 people per date. So fully sold out they are taking £4.4k revenue on these tours.

That’s before you take off costs of the tour guides, VAT and card booking fees.

It wouldn’t touch the sides in terms of the investment needed in the Towers and Gardens.

But good to see them trial something like this considering it isn’t going to bring in the big bucks.
When you break it down like that it’ll barely break even! So does make me wonder what the motives are for doing it, or maybe they’re just doing something nice?

When you break it down like that it’ll barely break even! So does make me wonder what the motives are for doing it, or maybe they’re just doing something nice?

I hope it is part of a long term approach to elevate the overall package of the park.

On its own it doesn’t bring in much cash, but working towards maximising their assets (i.e the gardens and Towers) could bring in more revenue longer term, but these things take time.

For example a gardens and Towers tour might be enough to encourage a family to invite grandma and granddad or uncle Johnny who don’t like rides to join them for a trip. Then you aren’t talking about £10 revenue, but more entry tickets and secondary spend which all adds up.

Or they could offer separate guided tours to coach trips.

This very much feels like a trial.

I hope it is part of a long term approach to elevate the overall package of the park.

On its own it doesn’t bring in much cash, but working towards maximising their assets (i.e the gardens and Towers) could bring in more revenue longer term, but these things take time.

For example a gardens and Towers tour might be enough to encourage a family to invite grandma and granddad or uncle Johnny who don’t like rides to join them for a trip. Then you aren’t talking about £10 revenue, but more entry tickets and secondary spend which all adds up.

Or they could offer separate guided tours to coach trips.

This very much feels like a trial.

Plus, track walks are back. Makes me wonder what else they have planned. All these little spends here and there add up. Also a huge increase and focus on merch which has proved extremely popular, they sold months worth of merch in one day upon the opening of Nemesis. All adding to the bottom line.

Seemingly we are seeing a huge increase in spending across the resort and with investments too. So all of these things seem to be helping to subsidise this.

Last edited:
Little things incentivise people returning though. And if your on site your likely to buy -something- else.

If it’s popular it could be done earlier in the season, and as said above offered special packages to groups, older guests etc

Hopefully we see more vip events next year

It would good, as others have said for this to be the start of:
- Reopening/reusing parts of the towers
- Repairing new areas (talbot gallery roof)
- Bringing other parts back in to use (Swiss cottage)
- Actually spending some money on the gardens as they’re a disgrace. The idea they’d show people round in the current state is embarrassing
- Finally working out after 50 years how to get a return from Altons best asset