• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Even if you look at rides like Baco, launch tracks are inclined to allow an easy reset as the train will roll back. I imagine the hardest bit is getting the train and catch car aligned (hence the yellow line on the train and on the platform of Rita)

What do they do in this situation then
I’d hope they’d get rid of Rita.

And then squish dark forest and gloomy wood into one massive horror-fantasy area? No?

Sticking with the rolling it back in the station it seems…

actually the launch sequence kind of accounts for this, according to ryan the ride mechanics video on the hydraulic launch coaster, the launch sequence is the following:
magnetic brakes are lowered,
tires push train forward,
tires drop down and launch dog drops down on train,
train slowly rolls back into the catch car,
using a sensitive position sensor (capable of seeing where the train is over a distance to the mm) once the train is caught in the catch car the position is verified to prevent the launch dog from not being properly locked in,
hyraulic valves are opened, train departs station.

reseting it I would assume would be waiting for the train to return to the station, fixing the issue then engagine the hydraulics in reverse (they switch to neutral when stopping incase the train rolls back and the launch dog is dropped meaning it catches the catch car and causes lots of expenive damage) and making that return to its position as normal and launch again.

But to reset the ride you need it within parameters if you return it back to the station from the launch track rather than the offload

But to reset the ride you need it within parameters if you return it back to the station from the launch track rather than the offload
and the train should roll back into the station, then I assume the tire drives can be lifted again and the train moved into a launch position, there will be a sensor for where the train should stop in the station, or else it wouldn't beable to stop in the same position reliably (all the coasters have one, often 2 one which triggers a craw mode that approaches the seccond slower)

and the train should roll back into the station, then I assume the tire drives can be lifted again and the train moved into a launch position, there will be a sensor for where the train should stop in the station, or else it wouldn't beable to stop in the same position reliably (all the coasters have one, often 2 one which triggers a craw mode that approaches the seccond slower)

Lots of manual moving ever so slightly to get it back to acceptable, especially if the other train is on track.

Lots of manual moving ever so slightly to get it back to acceptable, especially if the other train is on track.
Is it though? As long as the launch dog is infront of where it can catch the catch car, the train will roll back into the catch car like a normal launch, I guess there could be a problem if the sensitive position sensor can't see the ride (where it would have gone tok fat forward) but from what I have seen they are not that small, and I would assume that there is an automatic mode that would realign it (this is something that happens often on other hydraulic launch coasters since they have a tall top hat they can roll back on)

So the Alton Towers summer advert is out and I can't help but notice several "guests" appearing to hold the camera at arm's reach during rides where this is banned and would be unsafe:

I'm surprised they did that with how many times the operators have to tell people to get off their phones.

Those shots will be a wrist-strap GoPro, most guests won't see the video so very few will notice and an even smaller, if any, will take action from the advert alone...

Must've been annoying to go through all that paperwork to get approval for such a short advert though.