• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

This was one of the worse bits of the walk to the entrance as it was very narrow and you always had to walk along the mud. Hopefully they’ll add new lighting down here too as there were some proper old street lamps down here which hardly worked.
I'd rather they got the monorail back to how it was 20 years ago when they majority of people took it to the park and there was no need for a wider walking path.

Last edited:
Not the most exiting of updates, but the path that runs along side Nemesis is being widened this winter.
IMG_4822.jpeg

This was one of the worse bits of the walk to the entrance as it was very narrow and you always had to walk along the mud. Hopefully they’ll add new lighting down here too as there were some proper old street lamps down here which hardly worked.
You say this, yet after all the downgrades in recent seasons, this is actually quite an improvement.

I've walked on top of that mud many times. And I mean many times. It makes sense to asphalt it. In the 80's and 90's they would have just let you wait on a train platform for a monorail that would arrive and you would be trusted to get on without incident. But in this new day and age of not trusting people to be able to get on a train without throwing themselves on to the track, a bit of tarmac is a step up.

Normally Alton's way of improving things is throwing purple paint all over it. I'm glad they threw tarmac on top of the mud over purple paint. If I'm tired after getting up early in the morning and driving many miles, the last thing I want is to get mud or purple paint on my shoes.

This can't be anything other than an improvement. Sure, the Monorail should be operating much, much better than it currently is, but there will always be people who walk. Hopefully some attention will be payed to the rest of the walk as none of it is in great condition, especially for those with buggies or wheelchairs.

- Something (as yet undefined) is happening in CBeebies Land.
On Cbeebies Land, given the lack of new planning permissions, it would suggest we're getting either a new show, and/or an attraction retheme in CBeebies, which most likely means at least one new IP arriving this year.

If they're retheming a current attraction, it's reasonable to assume that it will be something that is not currently in the Feb Half Term line up, in order to give them enough time to do the necessary work. There are three attractions not advertised as part of half term - Go Jetters, Bugbie-go-Round and Something Special Sensory Garden. That last one is often omitted from event line-ups, but it would make sense if one of those attractions, or the old Nina's Science Lab was getting a refresh. Given it's not currently got a sellable IP, my money would be on a Bugbie- Go-Round retheme because it's unusual for it not to be open for this type of event.

Equally, we could see something in Big Fun Showtime - possibly a new show, or possible a switch out on either the Funsters Games, which is due a refresh and potentially a new IP, or the Night Garden Meet and Greet.

Interestingly, it is looking like whatever is happening in CBeebies Land might also be coming with at least one new suite in the hotel.

The Swashbuckle suite* doesn't look like It's available to book at all this season (much like the Peter Rabbit and Ice Age suites), which suggest this suite may have been rethemed, awaiting an announcement. Much like last time CBeebies Land had a refresh, which came with the Bing Rooms.

I suspect whatever is happening we might get an announcement this week ahead of Feb Half Term - if there's any construction walls up during the event it gives them the option to do some advertising ahead of the new season.

*the accessible Swashbuckle Suite is still available, but there used to also be a non-accessible suite available too.

Not the most exiting of updates, but the path that runs along side Nemesis is being widened this winter.
IMG_4822.jpeg

Great to see much needed quality of life stuff like this.

Put some permanent festoon lights up like by the galactica gate, from the entrance to the car parks, make sure it’s wide enough/separated from the traffic and they’ve cracked it.

God forbid they could even play some music and/or put some advertising boards/audio on route similar to the monorail

Great to see much needed quality of life stuff like this.

Put some permanent festoon lights up like by the galactica gate, from the entrance to the car parks, make sure it’s wide enough/separated from the traffic and they’ve cracked it.

God forbid they could even play some music and/or put some advertising boards/audio on route similar to the monorail
Don't say that - I am sure Towers have got the Tango vinyls from Oblivion stashed away somewhere. They have a habit of not throwing ols stuff away and re-using it somewhere years later.

If I remember correctly at one stage wasn’t Nina’s Science Lab going to be become a “sensory room”, similar to the one at Legoland Windsor. I saw signs on the outside
Quite surprised this space was closed and is yet to be repurposed

If I remember correctly at one stage wasn’t Nina’s Science Lab going to be become a “sensory room”, similar to the one at Legoland Windsor. I saw signs on the outside
Quite surprised this space was closed and is yet to be repurposed
Yes there was signs for a while. They did open a sensory space at the back of the box office. So I guess they changed their mind

I do find it odd that it’s not been used since it closed. But it’s not that big of space so guess they are limited to what could go in there.

However the shop next door has been made smaller since it opened, so they could expand in to that.

Well well it looks like we’re getting a new flat ride this year in Forbbiden Valley afterall. Bet no one has the courage to say this season won’t be great now

Well well it looks like we’re getting a new flat ride this year in Forbbiden Valley afterall. Bet no one has the courage to say this season won’t be great now
I have the 'courage' to say "wait and see".

There are other variables in the equation that dictate whether a season is good or bad that can't be factored in until the park is open and running.

Ride availability.

Staffing.

Operations.

Quality of F&B and its service.

Cleanliness.

Entertainment.

The Resort itself.

Hot water in the toilets? Yeah, right.

On paper, this season has plenty going for it. But until its underway, we have no way of gauging whether or not it'll be great until we're months into it.

By no means am I being pessimistic and writing the season off before Day One, but I'm certainly not shouting 'BEST SEASON EVA' from the rooftops before it's even begun either.