• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

We all thought last year was going to be a good season on the sole basis that Curse and the revamped Gloomy Wood looked good.

All it took was a single weekend of operations to know those hopes were misplaced. So I'm keeping my expectations very low.

Will certainly be an improvement to have one relevant modern IP in the area.

Will certainly be an improvement to have one relevant modern IP in the area.

All of the IPs there are shown daily on CBeebies except for Postman Pat which is on weekends.

Was wondering when Bluey would turn up. The whole thing is begging for an area akin to Peppa Pig World, so a shame it'll likely just be a rethemed attraction.

This could be massive for the area if they expand on it. Kids after PP seem to love Bluey and the adulty jokes that are also included make for some excellent episodes, But this could increase footfall in that area

Seems more roaming entertainment is on the cards for 2024:

Each day unveils an immersive experience, where additional street theatre is set to transform several areas across the Theme Park, infusing the park with an exhilarating atmosphere that adds a touch of excitement to every moment. Don't miss out on the daily dose of fantabulous entertainment!

Since the Bugbie-Go-Round and Get Set Go are closed during FHT because the bug brand needs updating, do we think one of those attractions might also rethemed to Bluey?

I think Bugbie-Go-Round would be an easy one to retheme as its already been rethemed within CBeebies once from when it was Numtums. Giving Bluey a small attraction as well as a show would definitely give the IP the same prominence as Hey Duggee within the area without putting too much effort in, so attention can mainly be focused on Forbidden Valley...

It appears as though the park has added a backstory to the Runaway Mine Train’s page on the website:

The backstory is as follows:

Attraction Source seem to think that this is hinting towards changes to the ride for the new season.

Could this indicate that the ride is receiving some sort of enhancements for 2024? “Katanga Canyon Mining Company” have certainly never been mentioned before…

Big fan of creating more story around existing rides, but this is terribly written. Has to be chat gpt! Logo is nice, though.

Funny to see Flavio's finally added to the website, although World of David Walliams rides are all listed under "The Towers" and the car school still listed as "Cloud Cuckoo Land". Apparently Gangsta Granny is in the same area as Spinball Whizzer! ;) not at all important but seems a bit sloppy.

AltonTowersJobs' instagram account put out a Snow Day video on their account this morning and in it the front of the Smiler station was covered in scaffolding. The Marmaliser (or at least the barrels on it) looks cleaner than it was in my October visit to the park too.

Opera Snapshot_2024-02-08_165847_www.instagram.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2024-02-08_165751_www.instagram.com.png

AltonTowersJobs' instagram account put out a Snow Day video on their account this morning and in it the front of the Smiler station was covered in scaffolding. The Marmaliser (or at least the barrels on it) looks cleaner than it was in my October visit to the park too.

Opera Snapshot_2024-02-08_165847_www.instagram.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2024-02-08_165751_www.instagram.com.png
Hope they’ve fixed the couple of dead patches on the Marmaliser screen too!

Since the Bugbie-Go-Round and Get Set Go are closed during FHT because the bug brand needs updating, do we think one of those attractions might also rethemed to Bluey?

I think Bugbie-Go-Round would be an easy one to retheme as its already been rethemed within CBeebies once from when it was Numtums. Giving Bluey a small attraction as well as a show would definitely give the IP the same prominence as Hey Duggee within the area without putting too much effort in, so attention can mainly be focused on Forbidden Valley...
It's Go Jetters and Bugbie-Go-Round that's not in the Feb Half Term line up.

I would agree though, I think Bugbie-Go-Round would be an easy retheme, and it is very unusual for it to not open during this sort of event.

I do wonder if Bluey might be taking over the In The Night Garden Meet and Greet, which would make sense given she is likely to be a popular addition and draw a queue.