• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

I wish they loose this “fake scaffold” look it’s not really fooling anyone and looks unfinished, they just need to apply a fake brick facade like the rest of the building. It’s not like they do a pre show for guests to understand the concept of the ride story?

I’ve always liked the tree theming at the front of the station and feel the foliage has grown up it nicely?

Last edited:
I wish they loose the whole fake scaffolding look it’s always looked unfinished, they just need to apply a fake brick facade like the rest of the building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep that face you can see any part of the tin shed is inexcusable to me, especially when you see it most when entering the showpiece of the ride !

So why are they cleaning Galactica before Smiler. How about they get one of their flagship rides looking a bit cleaner first

Real Housewives Sigh GIF

So why are they cleaning Galactica before Smiler. How about they get one of their flagship rides looking a bit cleaner first
I think The Smiler has or is in the process of having a good clean. There’s been scaffolding around the station and I’ve seen pictures on this site of the ride looking much cleaner. But I can’t remember where those pictures are.

I think The Smiler has or is in the process of having a good clean. There’s been scaffolding around the station and I’ve seen pictures on this site of the ride looking much cleaner. But I can’t remember where those pictures are.
the pictures were from the alton towers jobs instagram, showing the marmiliser has been cleaned

There's another Squadding Quads video at 9.30 tonight which is focusing on X-Sector. Scaffolding is still around the station according to the thumbnail image:

1708458652939.png
No obvious structural work going on on The Smiler that would warrant that crane, so maybe its there for a basket for workers to clean from (as well as engineers to check all the nuts and bolts)?

From that picture alone it looks as though work has taken place. Those pipes on the station look to have been painted.

Last edited: