• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

No, they could have marketed it as an exciting season lies ahead or something similar. "Best yet" won't be accurate
Depends what you describe as the best season. That’s just down to opinion there’s no factual best season. Many will say the 90s when Nemesis and oblivion opened but in my opinion you have to look at the overall lineup not individual attractions. The lineup in 2024 has 7 main coasters that are all better than classic rides like corkscrew black hole and thunder looper from the 90s

Depends what you describe as the best season. That’s just down to opinion there’s no factual best season. Many will say the 90s when Nemesis and oblivion opened but in my opinion you have to look at the overall lineup not individual attractions. The lineup in 2024 has 7 main coasters that are all better than classic rides like corkscrew black hole and thunder looper
You can't judge rides like that. It's like getting in a new car and saying this is a lot better than one from 1982 but in 1982 it was the dogs....You had to be there....

You can't judge rides like that. It's like getting in a new car and saying this is a lot better than one from 1982 but in 1982 it was the dogs....You had to be there....
I think based on that 2002 has to be the best season then because Air was way ahead of its time

Going against the positivity slightly, it’s a bit of a something and nothing video, nothing new at all.

But I guess the average person that follows AT on social media doesn’t keep up to date with everything over the winter, so is aimed at them and if it encourages people to make a visit this year it’s done it’s job.

It's not just the rides that make a 'great year' or whatever either, from a visitor perspective. The other little things can add up too, like being able to buy a McDonalds at pretty much high street price which was cheap at the time, if you wanted a snack. The place being staffed generously so that operations and maintenance were good. Not having cheap annual passes (I mean the really cheap ones) which make the place busy even when it's not summer and the kids are at school (I mean, it's good business that they're now learning how to fill the place up off-peak, but selfishly speaking there used to be a fair amount of mega quiet days when pretty much everything was under a 5/10 minute queue). Getting Early Ride Time for at least half an hour for hotel and annual pass holders (was it an hour at one point?). Having the Towers ruins to explore for most of the year. Not having ridiculous fences everywhere because little Timmy might cut his knee or something and sue Towers for 9 million pounds. Being able to use your Annual pass without having to book online in advance! Re-rides when it was quiet at the discretion of ride-ops before it became a blanket ban! A fully working Monorail and Skyride making transport easier into and around the park. Gardens that were actually looked after much better than they are today because they had a properly sized team of gardeners. Most of the fountains working. I could go on for ages. Still looking forward to opening day though :smiley: