• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

They’re a business. They want people to come to their theme park which is challenging to get to. If it encourages more people to visit, then good?
My gripe isn't with Towers, afterall if they install chargers, they're just following everyone else. It's the whole destination chargers thing everywhere. In my mind, the infrastructure needs to be improved on the road network, ie more chargers at services, garages etc not relying on destinations to do that job; the more that appear at destinations, the less inclined the authorities are to do any improvements to the infrastructure. Anyway I'm digressing.

My gripe isn't with Towers, afterall if they install chargers, they're just following everyone else. It's the whole destination chargers thing everywhere. In my mind, the infrastructure needs to be improved on the road network, ie more chargers at services, garages etc not relying on destinations to do that job; the more that appear at destinations, the less inclined the authorities are to do any improvements to the infrastructure. Anyway I'm digressing.
It's getting there. Some of the new hubs that are getting approval or plans going in have future scope to be huge eg there are scoping plans for over 100 rapids at Wetherby Services, and MFG (huge forecourt owner) is installing rapids everywhere they can find space.

Exeter Services is a good example too, can hardly move for move for rapid chargers.

Still pleased with my £10 express parking though, cheaper than last year.

I wonder if they could hire a flat for a few months and open the food trucks alongside that.

I doubt that will happen, though, and we'll just see these food trucks. I'm still not sure if that's the best place for them to go. Towers Street or Fountain Square makes more sense to me. I guess we'll see how Towers plays it.

As apposed to just keeping the rides until they have planned replacements
I can imagine it was a tough decision to make, reduced attraction count and capacity vs. improved ambience and perception of quality.

I think they made the right one. Personally I'd prefer fewer, but better quality attractions and facilities. If you're not ready creatively or financially, then hide the space very well until you are.

I'll be proven wrong if they replace them with other temporary, "park on its last legs"-looking installations, like food trucks and pub garden picnic benches on a slab of concrete.

It's a shame that 2025 can't appear to be a Thorpe-esque 2001 flat ride extravaganza.

Even if they put 2 in X-Sector there's still space for a few more. Put a Nebulaz in the middle of Rita's helixes for example (if one would fit).

We were never going to get new flat rides in X Sector for 2024. I liked Spinjam, but I'm glad Oblivion and The Smiler won't have loud fairground music overlapping their soundtracks I have to say. Oblivion looks great as well, and you can see The Smiler has been cleaned too

Although I don't think it will happen, it's not beyond the realms of possibility for them to be able to install a flat down there at some point this season. It wouldn't require planning.

I know it's unlikely. But surely they wouldn't leave X Sector the sparsest it's ever been for entire season would they? Food vans or not.

I reckon 2025 could see multiple flat ride installations, personally. We’ve already got Project Ocean over in Forbidden Valley, and I don’t think it’s inconceivable that we could see either 2 in X-Sector or 1 in X-Sector and 1 in Dark Forest. If we’re really lucky, we may even get Project Ocean, 2 in X-Sector and 1 in Dark Forest!

If I’m remembering correctly, Bianca confirmed at an Attraction Source event that multiple flat rides had been purchased, and if that is the case, I wouldn’t be surprised if 2025 at Alton Towers ended up being a multi-ride affair similar to 2001 at Thorpe Park.