• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Am I correct in thinking that they’ve purchased Flávio’s?
I think they may have done. I definitely seem to remember hearing that at some point.

It would also make sense given that the overall setup of Flavio’s looks a lot more permanent than that of the RetroSquad rides.

If I’m remembering correctly, Bianca confirmed at an Attraction Source event that multiple flat rides had been purchased, and if that is the case, I wouldn’t be surprised if 2025 at Alton Towers ended up being a multi-ride affair similar to 2001 at Thorpe Park
Would be a great year for Towers if they brought in 3 new permanent flats. You look at some of the flats at Thorpe, samurai and vortex in particular, they’re 2 flats that stay relatively close to the ground and are class attractions

I think they may have done. I definitely seem to remember hearing that at some point.

It would also make sense given that the overall setup of Flavio’s looks a lot more permanent than that of the RetroSquad rides.
No I don’t believe they have. Sure it’s still ran by Mellors

Water in the pit? 👀
Don't read too much into it, the waterfalls were also flowing on the previous 'under construction' version of the map prior to this update. I checked my app and got this just before it updated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240313-192800_Alton Towers.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313-192800_Alton Towers.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 60
I like how they have put random tentacles on the rocks in FV on the map.

Is that supposed to be a gun replacement in the top left area of the queue line for Nemesis? My eyes aren't what they were anymore so can't make out what it's meant to be.

Alton Towers App has been updated!
Where dose the queue go once it has gone up as to me it looks like there are many divergin paths without a way to extend the queue, have they gotten rid of the looping back in favour of selecting a longer path for longer queues? or is there 2 queues next to each other for some of these paths?

edit it also looks line sub terras queue is going down to where the viewing platform was

It looks like they’ve buried something below a lot of tarmac they don’t ever want finding

I bet single nemesis fasttrack will start within a couple of weeks.
Nemesis returning is more of a thoosie thing.

I bet single nemesis fasttrack will start within a couple of weeks.
Nemesis returning is more of a thoosie thing.
It’ll start at some point but I’m glad its not this weekend as that means the only fastrack people will be platinum that’s it. Quite surprised Rap remains at the exit as there will be way more people with Rap than fastrack

Well I'm quite annoyed I was booked for the waterpark on the 26th which originally said 8pm closure which is now 6pm which the waterpark is my younger brother's favourite part and we can't get there until later.
And the theme park on the 27th was meant to be 6pm closure but is now 5pm.

Well I'm quite annoyed I was booked for the waterpark on the 26th which originally said 8pm closure which is now 6pm which the waterpark is my younger brother's favourite part and we can't get there until later.
And the theme park on the 27th was meant to be 6pm closure but is now 5pm.
Yeah noticed this - is it standard practice to reduce hours a few weeks in advance? Must say, I feel a bit cheated

Yeah noticed this - is it standard practice to reduce hours a few weeks in advance? Must say, I feel a bit cheated

It’s not often, but it can happen. I think this comes down to the Easter break being split, bookings for the first week when not everyone is off must be lower than they expected, hence the reduced hours.

Hi All,

Not posted for a while! I'm planning on going Friday 29th March with the mrs, I've heard that the "travelling community" is around about Easter, but is that just the Sunday? I know when they are there AT classes it as a "Family-Friendly" day so they dont serve booze anywhere and have ramped up security. We mostly go for the drinking locations and then stumble onto the rides, but will go another time if its gonna be a liquor-free-Friday!
Cheers

It’ll start at some point but I’m glad its not this weekend as that means the only fastrack people will be platinum that’s it. Quite surprised Rap remains at the exit as there will be way more people with Rap than fastrack
Only wheelchairs will board from the exit. I thought the park confirmed that it would have a separate ambulant RAP entrance?