• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Whilst I'd like the red water to return, I kinda doubt it will. As last time (Even though it was an accidental leak) it entered a local nearby river (I believe) which caused the environment agency to warn AT to stop using it as they believed it could damage the local environment.

This has never been confirmed either as Shawn mentioned. Do you have any source on this information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's what they did originally, but due to the one incident where is entered a stream nearby outside the park (I believe so anyway)

However, if they cannot do the bloody water, another way of achieving something similar to the bloody water would be a form of lighting hidden someone within/around the water to give it the look of bloody water whilst keeping it clear. Although, I don't know if it'd be possible due to either budget or other factors.
They could paint the bed of the river red, so the water looks red. It’s why swimming pool tiles are blue, they want them to look fresh, but I can’t see why this can’t be twisted a bit.

This has never been confirmed either as Shawn mentioned. Do you have any source on this information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As I said prior, I've only heard people speculating the reason for the bloody water of Nemesis being removed. To me, it's just more likely the environment agency being involved holds more weight to me.

The only 'source' I could find is this, even then, it's dated. https://riderater.co.uk/1978/trademark-nemesis-blood-water-runs-clear/

As I said prior, I've only heard people speculating the reason for the bloody water of Nemesis being removed. To me, it's just more likely the environment agency being involved holds more weight to me.

The only 'source' I could find is this, even then, it's dated. https://riderater.co.uk/1978/trademark-nemesis-blood-water-runs-clear/

Thanks for providing that link but that isn’t a reliable source either or confirms anything, it’s one of them statements where this has been hearsay for quite some time, but this statement has never been confirmed. Shawn has more inside knowledge with park staff, he has said before this is “simply a rumour and never been confirmed” however we have had no source or confirmation either end.

But no one can say it’s unlikely they won’t come back as honestly none of us know and the dye was fine for years. Like mentioned before it’s just a dye that doesn’t last in colour, when exposed the dye runs out when. There are also safe dye solutions available, Different alternatives for the water to be pumped out or to spend money on a concealed system. At the end of the day the waterfalls came back on the rapids, after being off for years with many claiming they wouldn’t return.

This is another scenario for Alton towers where demand is there by enthusiast they know this is an important feature with nemeses being so iconic. They listened to us with the waterfalls, wooden rollercoaster, removing the guns and bringing back the haunted house and Sub Terror. It just depends if it’s out of there control or a simple fix that needed a passionate new team and budget. Time will tell…

Last edited:
Thanks for providing that link but that isn’t a reliable source either or confirms anything, it’s one of them statements where this has been hearsay for quite some time, but this statement has never been confirmed. Shawn has more inside knowledge with park staff, he has said before this is “simply a rumour and never been confirmed” however we have had no source or confirmation either end.

But no one can say it’s unlikely they won’t come back as honestly none of us know and the dye was fine for years. Like mentioned before it’s just a dye that doesn’t last in colour, when exposed the dye runs out when. There are also safe dye solutions available, Different alternatives for the water to be pumped out or to spend money on a concealed system. At the end of the day the waterfalls came back on the rapids, after being off for years with many claiming they wouldn’t return.

This is another scenario for Alton towers where demand is there by enthusiast they know this is an important feature with nemeses being so iconic. They listened to us with the waterfalls, wooden rollercoaster, removing the guns and bringing back the haunted house and Sub Terror. It just depends if it’s out of there control or a simple fix that needed a passionate new team and budget. Time will tell…
Too true, I suppose we just wait and see what we find in both FV and Nemesis next season, though both offical and enthusiast channels

To be fair knowing how Merlin operate with allowing theming elements to disappear and never return I think there’s every chance that the lack of red waterfalls, and eventually any waterfalls at all, is just another example of that rather than an environmental issue for which there’s no evidence.

Hopefully they make a come back next year as it makes a big difference to the overall visuals for the area as well as adding a bit of kinetic energy.

To be fair knowing how Merlin operate with allowing theming elements to disappear and never return I think there’s every chance that the lack of red waterfalls, and eventually any waterfalls at all, is just another example of that rather than an environmental issue for which there’s no evidence.

Hopefully they make a come back next year as it makes a big difference to the overall visuals for the area as well as adding a bit of kinetic energy.
I mean, besides the waterfalls, I wonder what will happen with FV during the off season... Will they change it to show the 'rebirth' of Nemesis, and it's new-found power? Maybe using some of the old track for the entrance to FB like they did with Corkscrew at the main entrance to the park?

Or are we thinking too far ahead of ourselves, as we do know AT has this 'Project Horizon' they're working on. So maybe they won't spend most of the funds on FB and may save some for whatever this project is.

Also as a side note, I just hope this 'Project ###' isn't replacing the old SW we're used to...

AT has this 'Project Horizon' they're working on. So maybe they won't spend most of the funds on FB and may save some for whatever this project is.
Each project has its own budget, which will have been set many years ago during the preliminary planning stages. The spending on Nemesis will not directly impact the regeneration of Forbidden Valley, nor Project Horizon for that matter. The spending on the latter two also won't have any impact on the former.

Each project has its own budget, which will have been set many years ago during the preliminary planning stages. The spending on Nemesis will not directly impact the regeneration of Forbidden Valley, nor Project Horizon for that matter. The spending on the latter two also won't have any impact on the former.
Good point, although I am curious as to what will happen with Forbidden Valley, I just hope that AT/Merlin try and make it look revitalized and maybe more alien in a sense. As I know a few people are worried that with the style of the Phalanx and Nemesis, that Forbidden Valley might look like another X-Sector. (Which I doubt).

But in all honesty, I just hope they do some needed TLC on Air/Galactica, it didn't look its best this season...

Last edited:
As I know a few people are worried that with the style of the Phalanx and Nemesis, that Forbidden Valley might look like another X-Sector. (Which I doubt).

It occurred to me that if they're pushing FV into an alien/ biohazard containment area style, they could probably push X-sector more towards mad science without much work. They're already partly there with the Smiler stuff and it'd give enough distinction to the new Valley I feel.

It occurred to me that if they're pushing FV into an alien/ biohazard containment area style, they could probably push X-sector more towards mad science without much work. They're already partly there with the Smiler stuff and it'd give enough distinction to the new Valley I feel.
Hopefully the biohazard containment breach area is worth it. But we'll have to wait and see what we see of FV either from drone videos or a leak or two... Or we just wait for the new season to start!

I am worried that we're going to end up with two X-Sectors, especially with all the grey. I felt the rusty / scrap theme of Forbidden Valley was very unique and I feel like painting everything grey is going to take that away from it.

Regarding the comments of X-Sector and FV too similar now, I'm sure that even the park might be aware of this and likely don't want a repeat of competing themes in Gloomy Wood and Dark Forest so I do suspect X-Sector could be next to see work especially if they are getting a new flat ride in place in which would be the chance to give the area a make over it needs.

I know someone above mentioned the mad science theme idea of X-Sector which is not a bad idea if FV and Nemesis are starting to take on X-Sector's original theme, so maybe they might dabble in something a little more sci-fi type in which is a futuristic looking sleek base with neon glow effects (which would look great at night) which all looks pretty yet hides a dark secret. Would at least balance out the overwhelming dark themes on the park for sure though I'm sure others will disagree with it.

Anyway, back to Nemesis before we go off topic.

Regarding the comments of X-Sector and FV too similar now, I'm sure that even the park might be aware of this and likely don't want a repeat of competing themes in Gloomy Wood and Dark Forest so I do suspect X-Sector could be next to see work especially if they are getting a new flat ride in place in which would be the chance to give the area a make over it needs.

I know someone above mentioned the mad science theme idea of X-Sector which is not a bad idea if FV and Nemesis are starting to take on X-Sector's original theme, so maybe they might dabble in something a little more sci-fi type in which is a futuristic looking sleek base with neon glow effects (which would look great at night) which all looks pretty yet hides a dark secret. Would at least balance out the overwhelming dark themes on the park for sure though I'm sure others will disagree with it.

Anyway, back to Nemesis before we go off topic.
Agreed, we should get to taking about Nemesis!

Well, I wonder how they're going to change the station and surrounding theming of Nemesis when it reopens. Because I think I saw in a vid that they're doing something to the fallen tour bus, plus I think either it's confirmed or pure speculation currently but... Are they extending the station building of Nemesis?

I don't know if anyone has said or noticed this, but remember when I suggested that they might be looking to redesign the Nemesis monster around the original concept art of the creature, we'll it seems as we've seen from the trailer with the monster now having orange eyes, it does seem to have some design basis of the original artwork as you can see here.
Nemesisart_823x.jpg

While painting it all black as in the concept art doesn't seem to be happening, at least something from that original artwork does seem to be coming to life now regarding Nemesis' new orange eyes.

I was just listening to one of the numerous uploads of Nemesis soundtrack on YouTube, and came across this comment that was posted no too long ago.Screenshot_20231122-190621_YouTube.jpg
What are your thoughts then? I'd take it with a pinch of salt, but this could conform that Graham Smarts OG soundtrack is now replaced.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.