• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
So apparently the paramilitary forces associated with Sub Terra (a closed ride that very few people care about), who go around with guns and tanks now have a helicopter and a guy with a moustache?

What a disrespectful way to crap all over the parks most iconic coaster on it's closing day. If I was John, I'd be busy weeing in that bath that @Log Flume's Dennis caught him in. It's like Towers and all the army guys with guns have unzipped their boiler suits and staring urinating in the former rivers of blood.

I just can't see that lady with a microphone banging on about some "Phalanx investigation" with that awesome iconic sound track playing in the back ground and not feel like this genuinely is the end of an era.

I can only hope that this is all just silly marketing ploys and that Nemesis will return in it's full glory in 2024 without tanks, boiler suits, "red" painted track and a new "Sci-Fi" theme as others have suggested. But seeing all this nonsense I'm loosing hope.

The track layout etc can be the same - they just need to make the entrance more of an experience like they are doing over in Florida
No they don't, you are literally walking into a massive pit towards a station building designed to look like a weird alien thingie, that's the point.
The theming is better and more explained even though it is not very good
They are literally not meant to understand the theme, that's the point

So apparently the paramilitary forces associated with Sub Terra (a closed ride that very few people care about), who go around with guns and tanks now have a helicopter and a guy with a moustache?

What a disrespectful way to crap all over the parks most iconic coaster on it's closing day. If I was John, I'd be busy weeing in that bath that @Log Flume's Dennis caught him in. It's like Towers and all the army guys with guns have unzipped their boiler suits and staring urinating in the former rivers of blood.

I just can't see that lady with a microphone banging on about some "Phalanx investigation" with that awesome iconic sound track playing in the back ground and not feel like this genuinely is the end of an era.

I can only hope that this is all just silly marketing ploys and that Nemesis will return in it's full glory in 2024 without tanks, boiler suits, "red" painted track and a new "Sci-Fi" theme as others have suggested. But seeing all this nonsense I'm loosing hope.
I'm actually going to slightly disagreee with you here. In the original nemesis story there was a military force who's job it was to control the nemesis creature a pin it to the grown with steel (the supports), the phalanax are a military branch who are closing off the area to worshippers (riders) as there seems to be a problem. I imagine next year they'll have some sort of phanax takeover by nemesis worshippers and forced to reopen the area. It seems the only logical way to do it.
Oh and they better not change the soundtrack, that I do agree with, it's great and if they try and change it they will just ruin it.

No they don't, you are literally walking into a massive pit towards a station building designed to look like a weird alien thingie, that's the point.

They are literally not meant to understand the theme, that's the point

I'm actually going to slightly disagreee with you here. In the original nemesis story there was a military force who's job it was to control the nemesis creature a pin it to the grown with steel (the supports), the phalanax are a military branch who are closing off the area to worshippers (riders) as there seems to be a problem. I imagine next year they'll have some sort of phanax takeover by nemesis worshippers and forced to reopen the area. It seems the only logical way to do it.
Oh and they better not change the soundtrack, that I do agree with, it's great and if they try and change it they will just ruin it.
It's a "theme" park no

It's a "theme" park no
Yes and the theme is that you are approaching a strange looking organic like thing that's attached to the ground, in a massive pit. It doesn't need much else. Adding other stuff will just ruin the ride. Like do you seriously think they should add a shipping container where the stick everyone in a show them a crappy video. Your meant to wonder what on earth is going on, why is there a random gun, why is there an alien, what's the music meant to mean. Just telling the story to people would completely ruin the mystery, that's the point.

If they are going for the retrack expense - they should retheme the whole ride - more of an actual sci fi ride to match up with Galactica - the old monster is looking soooo tired - retheme it to something more like guardians of the galaxy with an interactive queue line and station not something from a theme that may have seemed good 30 years ago
Austin Powers No GIF

I have exactly 32 friends and they're all currently at Alton Towers riding the same Nemesis train. As they were pulling into the brake run a switch track appeared and took them into a secret room where John Wardley was taking a bath. By all accounts he had a really good lather going
A bath you say? Wonder if the Flume duck was helping out with the bathtubs? :p

I can sense this is going to be an unpopular opinion... but I do kind of agree with @Meister71.

I have always thought that Nemesis' theme/story, in its modern day form at least, is a little hard to decipher if you don't know the obscure lore, and I did hope that the retrack might bring some enhancements to the ride's storytelling and immersion. I get that not every theme is designed to be spoon-fed to you, and I understand that, but I think there are plenty of coasters that are designed to be more self-explanatory in their theming where the theme is easily discernible without necessarily being spoon-fed a back story. I don't think that's necessarily the case with Nemesis, in its modern day form at least.

I'm not saying that I want the theme to be changed, because I like the concept behind it and I think it's very original, but I do think it could be strengthened somewhat and explained a little better, whether directly or indirectly. The ride itself has no actual theming or storytelling elements apart from the monster station. I get that the pit plays a role, but I do certainly think there's unexplored scope with the theme and more they could do in terms of conveying it.

Yes and the theme is that you are approaching a strange looking organic like thing that's attached to the ground, in a massive pit. It doesn't need much else. Adding other stuff will just ruin the ride. Like do you seriously think they should add a shipping container where the stick everyone in a show them a crappy video. Your meant to wonder what on earth is going on, why is there a random gun, why is there an alien, what's the music meant to mean. Just telling the story to people would completely ruin the mystery, that's the point.
That's kind of my point - up by the guns there is an alien but the queue line literally just feels like you are going down some steps and into a station with little to no theming - it can be improved

Six Flags Staffordshire, where smart and creatively themed rides go to die for either IPs or Bad rethemes.

*Looks at air and The Haunted House*
Isn't Air essentially still here, for all intents and purposes? If you don't mind me asking, what do you think that Galactica materially changed about the ride experience aside from the short-lived VR add-on?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.