• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I know it's different weather out there to the UK and Europe, but you'd think they'd keep them undercover for protection - from the elements and camera lenses! To the uninitiated, they way these are "placed" on the roadside makes them look like scrap pieces of track, not brand new recently manufactured pieces due to be fitted to what is arguably the world's best inverted coaster!

It’s steel, even unpainted it doesn’t degrade that quickly.

Why would you send unpainted track when they are clearly nowhere near ready for it. More of as job to paint it when it's up surely?

It’s steel, even unpainted it doesn’t degrade that quickly.
Obviously! It's just seems odd that once fabricated, all parts just seem to be dumped on the side of the road. I'd have expected them to be placed carefully in a more secure area - and as they state "No photography" - out of sight of prying eyes.

Why would you send unpainted track when they are clearly nowhere near ready for it. More of as job to paint it when it's up surely?
My suspicion is that B&M will probably paint it before it’s sent. You often see unpainted B&M track lying around at the plant that ends up being painted before it’s sent to the park it’s being manufactured for. It’s very rare for track to be painted after arrival or assembly.

With that being said, Sik at Flamingo Land was recently painted after assembly, so I could be totally wrong!

Obviously! It's just seems odd that once fabricated, all parts just seem to be dumped on the side of the road. I'd have expected them to be placed carefully in a more secure area - and as they state "No photography" - out of sight of prying eyes.

I mean no one is going to be able to steal a huge piece of steel track and as much as they have those no photos sign it’s not like any secrets are being revealed here. It’s B&M track, it’s looked the same for 30 years.

As much as I wouldn’t necessarily be averse to a modern remaster or change of the Nemesis soundtrack as part of the refurbishment project, I have to say that if any modern change were to turn out like that track, I think I’d rather they just kept the Graham Smart original.

That track doesn’t sound bad, and admittedly the recording isn’t of the greatest quality, but I don’t think it “fits” Nemesis like the original soundtrack does.

As much as I wouldn’t necessarily be averse to a modern remaster or change of the Nemesis soundtrack as part of the refurbishment project, I have to say that if any modern change were to turn out like that track, I think I’d rather they just kept the Graham Smart original.

That track doesn’t sound bad, and admittedly the recording isn’t of the greatest quality, but I don’t think it “fits” Nemesis like the original soundtrack does.

I wouldn’t worry, I doubt Towers are silly enough to completely change the music; it will certainly be an Imascore remaster at worst/best. The music in that video was temporary due to some parkwide rights issue and it affected other rides music as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Found this a while sgo on YouTube. I heard a few words that it had a new audio for a few years but was reverted back not long after. Is this the audio?

Not the best quality sorry.

I remember Nemesis' soundtrack changed a lot during that time from using the music of Black Eye Peas to being briefly named Wonderland in 2005 for the release of Mcfly's then new album. The gimmick era hitting it's peak at that point.

Yeah, the mid 2000's wasn't really a good time for Nemesis or any other Tussauds rides regarding soundtracks.

It would be great to see the ride music remastered. I think Towers lost the original recordings and use downloaded/redownloaded ones now. So it would be good to get a fresh, new, high-quality remake of the audio.

Air had new audio for 2006 (and 2007?) also, not sure if any other rides did. DIC Tussauds madness.

Air had new audio for 2006 (and 2007?) also, not sure if any other rides did. DIC Tussauds madness.
Actually, was the soundtrack used for the London Eye if I remember rightly that Tussauds slapped on Air? Funnily enough I thought it suited it even though I prefer the original Air soundtrack.

At my last manufacturing job we had loads of pipes/vessels milling around waiting to be transported to painters/site/etc.

Nothing out the ordinary. Most steel can withstand the elements for a short time. Especially if its going to end up being cleaned up later.

It's not been sent, it's at the steel plant in the US.

Not sure how it's usually dealt with but shipping it bare and having it coated over here would make transport alot easier (don't have to be as delicate with it)

Everyone seems surprised at how they are "dumped" at the side of the road, having been to many steel fabrication/galvanising plants for my job. . . This is how everything unfinished is dealt with. . Its unfinished, so will be acid bathed/pickled before it goes for paint/coating. . Only after will they be slightly more forgiving with the items. . . SLIGHTLY.

Why did these copyright issues that are mentioned above happen? Was it something to do with DIC taking over?

If they do remaster the music, I hope so much they keep the part of the score that is just playing loud noises without any real music melody's.

Those loud noises add such a great intimidation factor and really add to the atmosphere, especially when being played out loud from that entrance tower.

While on the subject, I would not be against them to adding speakers along the queue like they have done with Wickerman, but keep the music being played loud from the entrance tower. Having a large speaker being played loud suits the Nemesis score so well, the sound pressure you get from a large loud speaker is very different from smaller but more frequent speakers being played quieter. With the audio being a massive part in the indimidation of the attraction, having that sound pressure you get from a single and lould source is so important in conveying that intimidation and it is done so well with Nemesis. But, like I said, I am all for smaller speakers around the queue, but keep that big speaker setup over the entrance tower. The score really, really lends itself so well to being played like it is, over a large loud speaker. A subtle but extremely effective audio detail that is often overlooked. Works so well with Nemesis though.

Remasters usually doesn't change the structure anything like that but I still don't actually see the need for the score to be remastered. It will all depend how much of a high quality version of the score they've got.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.