• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Anyone got the phone number for Alton Towers Permissions Hotline? I'm gonna start a webpage starting with Coaster and then ask them if I can film the new Nemesis from 40 metres away, with their permission. Obviously I will tell everyone else not to turn up and film afterwards as that kind of thing is not wanted as it's a building site. So far, without even trying. Coasterlytical and Coastertog, I think.

Not sure what my point is. I'm just sure that there is nobbish behaviour going on somewhere along the line.

I thought this yesterday... vid with a girl in the car park saying i'm in the car park but don't you come to the car park basically.

I don’t mind the shipping container for Nemesis. A lot of the area already has corrugated metal for buildings, so a shipping container in the queue line isn’t a crime against humanity.

Hopefully they can dress it up a little so it’s not plain black. That’s more my concern, same goes for the rest of the area being covered in black paint. Add some theming/detail please.

Regarding filming of construction. Unfortunately, not a lot can be done about people filming. I’m sure it gets on workers nerves having hoards of vloggers filming all the time but as long as it’s done legally/on public paths those who film aren’t doing anything wrong.

I don’t mind the shipping container for Nemesis. A lot of the area already has corrugated metal for buildings, so a shipping container in the queue line isn’t a crime against humanity.

Hopefully they can dress it up a little so it’s not plain black. That’s more my concern, same goes for the rest of the area being covered in black paint. Add some theming/detail please.

Regarding filming of construction. Unfortunately, not a lot can be done about people filming. I’m sure it gets on workers nerves having hoards of vloggers filming all the time but as long as it’s done legally/on public paths those who film aren’t doing anything wrong.
I regards to the filiming, Its beyond me why the park or construction workers/combination of both complained when they literally built a platform for the purpose of viewing with no signs up saying not to film, The Phalanx did say to me to not to use my camera but I just took it as they were playing the role very strictly which i appreciate wholeheartedly, i just assumed that if cameras were not allowed then they would have notices but that's just me lol

I regards to the filiming, Its beyond me why the park or construction workers/combination of both complained when they literally built a platform for the purpose of viewing with no signs up saying not to film,
Those working on the site will be in no way related to those in Marketing that decreed the need for a viewing platform. In fact, I imagine that in general marketeers are often not those most favored by project teams lol.

I regards to the filiming, Its beyond me why the park or construction workers/combination of both complained when they literally built a platform for the purpose of viewing with no signs up saying not to film, The Phalanx did say to me to not to use my camera but I just took it as they were playing the role very strictly which i appreciate wholeheartedly, i just assumed that if cameras were not allowed then they would have notices but that's just me lol
I would imagine that filming and taking pictures on the viewing platform was deemed acceptable, it's far enough away from the site to not be a nuisance and enough to give an idea of what's going on. Heck, that's why it was built.

Sticking cameras in the cracks in the walls, or through the gate lock gaps, or over the fences with a pole is definitely a step too far. It's potentially dangerous and quite irritating for the workers who are trying to get on with a job. The construction workers also have the right to a private life at home and at work, they may not feel comfortable featuring in potentially identifiable footage on the internet. Would you feel comfortable in your work place if you had vloggers showing up with cameras, all trying to get a better look at the work you were doing?

I understand that people are excited and new footage is an easy way to get eyeballs, but it has at times got a little bit out of hand and reminds me, although in a much geekier and not quite as obnoxious way, of the intrusive paparazzi tactics of the 2000s.

In TPWW's latest construction update video there's some drone footage. I'm not going to spam a bunch of screenshots, there's just a couple of things of note in terms of the ride itself.

Firstly it looks like a tentacle is wrapped around the side and back of the Mushroom Cloud Tour Bus as if it's being pulled into the pit.

Opera Snapshot_2024-02-02_165020_www.youtube.com.png

And an extra, fake and oddly shaped, 'support' has gone in place right next to the leg (it is Shawn's subtle arrow, not mine!). I'd guess to create something similar to the animation we saw with the name reveal, with the Nemesis ripping it apart? Also seems like that's how they're going to get the big eye in place whilst keeping the lifthill where it is, with the muscles and spine going to the side as if the monster is turning to look at the support it is ripping up

Opera Snapshot_2024-02-02_170811_www.youtube.com.png

Last edited:
Looks a long way from being ready to me. Hope to be wrong as it would be nice for it to open on 16th. Things can come together quite quickly as it’s just the site and theming to complete now.

Having done a couple of this type of coaster in America last week (silver bullet, and Batman at Six Flags) Nemesis is by far above either of them. It really is the gem of the Uk coasters and I can’t wait to get back on it.

I think it's probably a bit too soon to be either overly pessimistic or overly optimistic, based on what's been shown in those pictures.

Six weeks should be more than enough to wrap up the themeing work and get the scaffolding down, so I wouldn't be too worried from that point of view. But obviously the big unknown is how the testing is going. That'll be the key deciding factor in whether it opens for the 16th March.

They clearly are aiming for the start of the season, but they look to be hedging their bets, as the construction walls have been left up at the Air end of the site.

I think it's probably a bit too soon to be either overly pessimistic or overly optimistic, based on what's been shown in those pictures.

Six weeks should be more than enough to wrap up the themeing work and get the scaffolding down, so I wouldn't be too worried from that point of view. But obviously the big unknown is how the testing is going. That'll be the key deciding factor in whether it opens for the 16th March.

They clearly are aiming for the start of the season, but they look to be hedging their bets, as the construction walls have been left up at the Air end of the site.

RCR access for Feb H/T? Keep the site separated.

Yeah the way the eye has to bend out looks pretty awkward... The angle of the existing structure didn't really lend itself to a central 'face' huh?

I'm still positive for a March 16th opening. There's still 30 working days until then (assuming they're only working Monday - Friday) - a lot can be done in 30 days

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.