• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The one I'm remembering was worn until about 2000/1ish. I'm not sure when it was introduced. I remember burgundy trousers with a barcode pattern on the leg. To be fair it wasn't a Nemesis specific uniform, it was an area one (much like X- Sector had their own one too).

By 2002 the various rides uniforms had changed to a generic black polo and beige trousers

I really do think they could re-market both Nemesis and Sub-Terra story lines. After 30 years of been tired down it’s escaped and help from its children they want there revenge. Around the track they have new eggs and the kids that’s escaped from Sub-Terra.

I really do think they could re-market both Nemesis and Sub-Terra story lines. After 30 years of been tired down it’s escaped and help from its children they want there revenge. Around the track they have new eggs and the kids that’s escaped from Sub-Terra.
As I said regarding NST, if you were to knock through the building and extend it, you could just about squeeze in an interactive dark ride shooter in which could be themed to you heading into the underground tunnels to shoot off all the hatched Nemesis babies to prevent them from reaching the surface.

That all said, I do kinda hope they can expand the lore of Nemesis with this overhaul as if handled well, there is potential there to really bring the guest further into the story than perhaps previously.

Attractionsource have posted some details of the exact planned maintenance, including replacing 89 of the 117 columns within the track area as well as 636 bolts. Things like the tunnel and theming will remain and local maintenance will take place.

Cant say im expecting must from this planned maintenance other than getting Nemmy track running like new and a bit of a freshen up. I cant see them repainting the monster as it was only recently done

Good to see Nemesis will be here for the years to come. Whilst its sad to see the posts will be filled with sand, I get why they are doing it. The local area are more likely to get behind future developments if they feel like they are being taken into account.

Better that than constant objections for petty reasons. Hopefully the theming will be repainted and touched up again

Jack Silkstone has done a video on the plans;

Interestingly, he mentions that Inferno is already filled with sand, so that could give us an idea as to how Nemmy 2.0 could sound (although Nemy's pit will almost certainly make it's sound slightly louder than Inferno).

Also, there's a date on the application: 1/12/2022. Could that be the date that work will commence?

unknown.png

Last edited:
This company is renowned for either letting attractions operate in brand damaging states until they finally wear out, slapping garish IP's on things or sloshing paint over rotting attractions and areas (like Transylvania at Chessington or Walliams World) and then patting themselves on the back and thinking they've done a good job. A business that jumps from one short term gimmick to the next for a quick ROI and then cutting things back to the bone when times are tough at the great expense of the long term future of their parks. They're even busy with their usual tricks as we speak planning Brake Run - The Ride at Thorpe.

The fact that they're investing £millions retracking a near 30 year old attraction and restoring it for very little immediate ROI is quite remarkable. Nemesis will likely open in 2024, giving guests a thrilling experience as it has done for 3 decades with most not even knowing that any work has ever taken place. I think it's testament to how well designed and how vitally important this attraction is to Towers and even Merlin's RTP as a whole.

With the way Merlin usually operate, I had doubts we'd ever get to this stage. The usual motus operandi would be to have it limp on for years being constantly welded until something marketable and gimmicky replaces it and I never understood why people seemed to think this retrack was a forgone conclusion. The fact Nemesis being restored piece by piece is great news and I for one applaud them for this. Good on them.

Good point, but it's the wrong way round (we're British after all!) :p

There are a lot of people who don't know how to change the default settings of their computer software. It doesn't seem impossible that someone left their CAD or other plan software set to US as the default.

Interestingly, he mentions that Inferno is already filled with sand, so that could give us an idea as to how Nemmy 2.0 could sound (although Nemy's pit will almost certainly make it's sound slightly louder than Inferno).

I’ve used the term “dulled” on here and on the status I did on TS Facebook to describe the difference it’ll make. It’ll still sound very different to Inferno thanks to the pit and the solid rock that surrounds it, certainly more than slightly louder.

Good point, but it's the wrong way round (we're British after all!) :p

It is the “wrong way” round for the UK, but Smytheman did the building plans for Wicker Man which were also in the same date format. Confusing when the landscape planners used the UK format!

If this new version of Merlin atr willing to bring back Nemesis to its former smooth ride experience glory, it gives me a little more hope that they'll do something to Duel soon (Preferably the Haunted House), but this is still Merlin wee talking about. But we can always dream.

Last edited:
Seeing as Nick Varney was heavily involved in the planning and building of Nemesis, I wonder if he had any personal involvement in Towers' decision to re-track (as opposed to the unthinkable)?

I do think Nick Varney has more of a personal connection to Nemesis than to other attractions across the Merlin parks. I don’t think this means he has somehow clicked his fingers and ordered this re-track, but I think that it is likely to have been one of the influencing factors in the overall project.

I do think Nick Varney has more of a personal connection to Nemesis than to other attractions across the Merlin parks. I don’t think this means he has somehow clicked his fingers and ordered this re-track, but I think that it is likely to have been one of the influencing factors in the overall project.
That's what I meant - not a click fingers "re-track Nemesis" moment, but more of an influence on the project

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.