• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm pretty certain it wouldn't be the first time that John Wardley has misremembered facts about the coasters, I'm sure I've seen him do it during talks before. It is rather amusing that, as a community, we expect him to be a walking encyclopedia about every ride he once worked on.

Even if you were constantly brushing up on the facts, you'd still slip up occasionally... I mean, I'm pretty good at Alton Towers history and I will freely admit to occasionally getting facts muddle or missing important dates by a year.

I interpret that as him saying that's why Nemesis has the roar, it doesn't have the sand. It's fairly obviously the case in any event.

You're probably right, I think he is talking about other rides, Air in particular and probably Oblivion when it comes to sand filling. Even if not, worst case scenario is that it will be the same noise level as it is now, and as far as I know no-one is wanting Nemesis to be removed because of noise levels, are they?

You're probably right, I think he is talking about other rides, Air in particular and probably Oblivion when it comes to sand filling. Even if not, worst case scenario is that it will be the same noise level as it is now, and as far as I know no-one is wanting Nemesis to be removed because of noise levels, are they?

I don't think so. I think it's more a case that the sand is seen as necessary from an engineering point of view, and it's just helpful to add some extra weight to the application that it could be seen as a positive when everything else is remaining the same.

Don't be silly. What's wrong with flogging 6 inch track pieces for £450 a pop on eBay?

Nothing wrong with that at all, in fact they'd be stupid not to do that given that there is definitely a market for it, and they would certainly make more for that than just scrapping it. They would only need to use a small portion of it for what I suggested if they were to do it, although there certainly isn't a need for it, it just might be cool to use it for that purpose given that that is the effect they are going for with that certain part of the theming.

So what's everyone's thoughts on the timeline for all this?

I think this:

This season open as usual and closes end of season as normal.
Closed all 2023 season with a filler ride (Sub Terra?) soaking up crowds and keeping interest up
Scarefest 2023 has a new maze based on Nemesis to tease the reopening
(Maybe teasers in the 2023 fireworks too?)
March 2024 Season opens. Nemesis grand reopening celebrating it's 30th birthday

Very happy to finally have this confirmed after months of speculation. Here’s hoping that the whole area gets a new lease of life with a bit of paint and maybe some new permanent lighting.

I don’t see any of the old track actually getting sold to be honest. People who would be crazy enough to buy it may also be crazy enough to check their piece for structural damage (e.g. hairline cracks) which could then reflect very badly on the park given that the ride operated with such damage for however long. This is pure speculation of course, and I might be thinking a little overboard, but it’s worth considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding Sub Terra if it is to reopen, I highly doubt they'll be using the same sort of attraction as they'll likely not want a repeat of the disastrous opening it had back then, then the question is what would they put in its place?

While I do wish they went with the original 'in the round' theatre as with Alien Encounter, I suspect they wouldn't unless they did find an actual clone of that ride that could be built in place. Maybe a tracked dark ride?

Yes, maybe a bit overkill with dark rides and I have I have no idea just how big the show building is for such a ride though maybe if Duel were to finally have it's blasters finally removed (yeah, how original), maybe it could be the purpose built lazer blaster ride in which could be themes of you going underground to fight of the many Nemesis babies that have just hatched? Not original I know but hey, better than nothing and if they still have some of the old NST theming lying backstage then they could just reuse them to cut down on cost.

Then again if the building is just shipping containers then surely it can't be hard to knock through the walls or add an extension to the building? Need to see an overhead image of said building.

Regarding Sub Terra if it is to reopen, I highly doubt they'll be using the same sort of attraction as they'll likely not want a repeat of the disastrous opening it had back then, then the question is what would they put in its place?

While I do wish they went with the original 'in the round' theatre as with Alien Encounter, I suspect they wouldn't unless they did find an actual clone of that ride that could be built in place. Maybe a tracked dark ride?

Yes, maybe a bit overkill with dark rides and I have I have no idea just how big the show building is for such a ride though maybe if Duel were to finally have it's blasters finally removed (yeah, how original), maybe it could be the purpose built lazer blaster ride in which could be themes of you going underground to fight of the many Nemesis babies that have just hatched? Not original I know but hey, better than nothing and if they still have some of the old NST theming lying backstage then they could just reuse them to cut down on cost.

Then again if the building is just shipping containers then surely it can't be hard to knock through the walls or add an extension to the building? Need to see an overhead image of said building.
Here you go; :)

Screenshot_20220124-203032.png

Here you go; :)

Screenshot_20220124-203032.png
Hmm, could they expand that ride area for something else to fit inside the building? Not much they can do with that current building though I will be shocked if they brought back the current ride system as before.

Very happy to finally have this confirmed after months of speculation. Here’s hoping that the whole area gets a new lease of life with a bit of paint and maybe some new permanent lighting.

I don’t see any of the old track actually getting sold to be honest. People who would be crazy enough to buy it may also be crazy enough to check their piece for structural damage (e.g. hairline cracks) which could then reflect very badly on the park given that the ride operated with such damage for however long. This is pure speculation of course, and I might be thinking a little overboard, but it’s worth considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How would one determine the hairline cracks to have been from the period operational and not the disassembly/cutting process?

The more the news sinks in the happier I feel about all of this.

For those who have ridden The Hulk before and after a re track, did the ride experience feel smoother? I don’t find Nemesis particularly rough for its age, other than the odd last inversion rattle.

For those who have ridden The Hulk before and after a re track, did the ride experience feel smoother? I don’t find Nemesis particularly rough for its age, other than the odd last inversion rattle.
I rode Hulk both pre-retrack in 2014 and 3 weeks after it reopened from its retrack in 2016, and to be honest, based on new Hulk vs old Hulk from my experiences... I wouldn't bet money on it being significantly smoother unless there are profiling changes. I remember thinking that while not rough per se, new Hulk definitely wasn't smooth for a B&M coaster that had just reopened from a huge retrack. There was still a bit of a rattle and the odd jolty moment here and there for sure, and based on my memories of the old Hulk, I honestly don't remember it being much different smoothness-wise. Even post-retrack, I would still say that Hulk is one of the rougher B&M coasters I've ridden; from memory, it's at least as rough as Nemesis is now, if not a bit more so.

New Hulk's surprising roughness made me very unpopular among my family after I'd hyped up how smooth the new Hulk was going to be; I believe "butter smooth" was a phrase I used a lot when hyping the refurb up to my family! When we came into the brake run, my family all gave me funny looks, and the first words my dad uttered to me were "well, that certainly wasn't butter smooth...".

I'd be up for themed trains on Nemesis as shown above, it seems that all past ideas that at first never see the light of day get reused one way or the other.

Having this trains be more 'organic' would ofc seem to hint that the track itself is part of beast and not the supports. Oh no, not this debate again...

Could someone tell this dumb jock here what is the steel that is pinning Nemesis down again? Track or supports? Feels like a chicken and the egg theory here. Funny if they did give Nemesis new themed trains then it might put this debate to bed once and for all and thank God for that! :p

My only concern for Nemesis though is not about new profiles but if they decided to add trim breaks for her which is something I'm praying they don't do.

I'm really hoping that B&M just let themselves go back to their snappy routes. I don't really think trims on Nemesis is doable to be honest.

Bit random but if they are willing to go to town with Nemesis' 30th, will we possibly see Nemesis' ride operators get their own themed uniform to really add to the theming?

Come to think of it, did Nemesis ever had themed ride outfits for staff?

Bit random but if they are willing to go to town with Nemesis' 30th, will we possibly see Nemesis' ride operators get their own themed uniform to really add to the theming?

Come to think of it, did Nemesis ever had themed ride outfits for staff?
I'm sure that i read an old comment somewhere that confirmed that they did use to have their own staff uniform once.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.