• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Apparently The Smiler is closed today as well @Matt N? I know you're not a big fan but hopefully you don't have two major coasters down. Wonder what's happening with Nemesis. I know someone there today so I'll get them to see what the situation is with both as well.
Looks like smiler is gonna be closed today Nemesis looks like it could possibly open, just judging by what the app says
I wouldn’t know about Smiler, but Rita is also late starting; I was going to start on Rita, so that plan was foiled! Currently stood in a rather long looking opening time queue for Thirteen instead; it’s stretching back to just past Roller Disco.
I can't see anything what's the situation like? EDIT: Nevermind, yes I can now
Sorry, that was posted slightly prematurely. My image sharing site wasn’t working properly, so I had to embed the images into the forum instead.

The monorail isn’t open this morning due to “work on Nemmy”… take from that what you will.

Preliminary work for the retrack, perhaps? I’m sure Nemesis V1 isn’t done yet, but maybe they’re doing some preparatory work?

I’ll see what I can see when I walk through FV.
When I first read your post I was like 'oh great, now the monorail is out for the rest of the season like Hex' which given the problems regarding reliability of late isn't that hard to imagine.

Then I read it again and was like, 'oh'.

I wouldn’t know about Smiler, but Rita is also late starting; I was going to start on Rita, so that plan was foiled! Currently stood in a rather long looking opening time queue for Thirteen instead; it’s stretching back to just past Roller Disco.

Sorry, that was posted slightly prematurely. My image sharing site wasn’t working properly, so I had to embed the images into the forum instead.
You'll probably be on Thirteen within 5/10 minutes. It's not great though if Rita is late, and Nemesis and The Smiler are both going to be closed. EDIT: The app was obviously an error with The Smiler, so hopefully the work on Nemesis doesn't take all day.

You'll probably be on Thirteen within 5/10 minutes. It's not great though if Rita is late, and Nemesis and The Smiler are both going to be closed. EDIT: The app was obviously an error with The Smiler, so hopefully the work on Nemesis doesn't take all day.
Smiler is open but Nemmy and Rita are closed

I walked through FV and got some shots of Nemesis as I went by:
8883036F-1D18-443F-AC92-54FC00A7DD05.jpeg
So as of about 9:30 this morning, a huge crane was hovering above the loop area and a train was stuck on the lift hill.
Nemmy has had work done on the loop with a crane a few times before, so it could just be routine maintenance.

Ouch!! Hope you soon get a chance go go back there soon!
I was there thankfully earlier in July though I hope it won't be too long until I'm back again.
I know that feeling from when I was living in Cornwall, mate. :p
Oof, that sounded rough!
QTX I think you are going to have to look at moving at this rate. :tearsofjoy:
Sadly I'm too involved with many ongoing commitments in my neck of the woods to move south, though if I did, likely it would be Blackpool were all the other Scots have colonised moved to. :p

That's why I hope the goodness of actually permanent built rides rather than fairground rides will be seen north of the border within my lifetime.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.