• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The Hulk coaster in IOA closed on 8th September and reopened on the 4th August. So I can see Nemesis having its final rides on the 6th November unless they have a last chance weekender the following weekend event and it will reopen on its 30th birthday in 2024.

They have also just released a desktop version! :D

srn1-2.jpg

Here's what my desktop looks like now;

unknown.png

What would be wrong with a pride event?
I'm have no problems with them or anything, but my experience with them have... never went down great...
And my colleage celebrates it way too often already... it got a bit repetitive, then they don't stop talking about it, and can kinda get to you.
I go to colleage and Theme Parks to have a good time, not to learn different sexualities.
Hope I don't sound offensive to anyone here, because I'm not trying to be :(

Please don't start a war here guys...

Last edited:
Maybe somebody could create a pride event topic? For I feel the wrath of the admins coming for straying away from Nemesis.

Here comes my WRATH! :p

Let's stick to Nemesis discussion in the Nemesis thread please. If people feel there is a need for a thread about a pride event then feel free to create one, although seeing as there is not currently such an event at Towers I am not sure there is much to discuss other than speculation!

Thanks.

The Hulk coaster in IOA closed on 8th September and reopened on the 4th August. So I can see Nemesis having its final rides on the 6th November unless they have a last chance weekender the following weekend event and it will reopen on its 30th birthday in 2024.

https://coasterpedia.net/wiki/Incredible_Hulk_Coaster
That included a 2 months of theming work. The actual ride was completed in late March (ready for testing) and include more work (new trains, mid course brake run) then Nemesis is getting. The park is open all year round so has to take general pubic into consideration when disseminating a large structure. I can't comment on the accessibility they had due never been to the park and see the location of the ride.

I really don't see it been closed for a whole season. Only Alton Towers knows when they plan to do it and reopen, but they need it for park capacity.

Best thinking of the work been done to Nemesis as been similar to whats happening to The Big One at Pleasure Beach but without having to scan & re-profile the track to make the ride transmission smoother, just manufacture to the original blue prints.

Moving on from the above ;)...

It's difficult to estimate how long it will take to refurbish the ride. There's no need to do any signficant excavation work, and the station, lift and brake sections will remain unchanged... that will definitely save time. However coaster track and supports get their strength only when it's all locked into place.

It's not as simple as just taking each section out piece by piece. If you remove part of it then it can affect the structural integrity of other parts. It all has to be carefully planned and it will be necessary to support certain parts while you dismantle it to make sure you don't overload the remaining structure.

I'm not familiar with the Incredible Hunk renovation. Did they completely remove all the track and supports and then install the new ones, or did they connect new parts to the existing parts for support as they went along?

I'm not familiar with the Incredible Hunk renovation. Did they completely remove all the track and supports and then install the new ones, or did they connect new parts to the existing parts for support as they went along?
From memory, they removed both the track and the supports. Although I could be wrong there.

From what I've read. Everything apart from lift hill and station out, then built back up.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.