• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The scrapyard is potentially missing a trick. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if they've been contacted by Nemesis fans asking to buy a cut-off already.
I bet they have signed a no release contract...must go for remelting.
They will have held on to the souvenir stuff.
There is always too much souvenir scrap, you must keep the numbers limited to keep the prices ridiculously high.
Funnily enough, I have just been recycling dead mouse wheels into weightlifting weights for my mates kids Christmas presents...little late I know.
They are getting posh presents this year.

You could paint Nemmie pink with baby blue highlights, theme it with a giant pram and get Barbie Dolls as an IP, then change the music to Aqua's Barbie Girl, but so long as the layout and G Forces remain, it would still be awesome.

Nemmie can defeat all of that!

I hope they don't thought.

I'm still surprised that Nemmie's new track would be fabricated this early, when it doesn't open for well over a year, much of the old track is still present and there are hundreds of tonnes (???) of groundwork to do.

Seems very early. Most manufacturing these days uses a Just in Time system (that's my AAT costing training speaking LOL - What a waste of time that was).

You could paint Nemmie pink with baby blue highlights, theme it with a giant pram and get Barbie Dolls as an IP, then change the music to Aqua's Barbie Girl, but so long as the layout and G Forces remain, it would still be awesome.

Nemmie can defeat all of that!

I hope they don't thought.

I'm still surprised that Nemmie's new track would be fabricated this early, when it doesn't open for well over a year, much of the old track is still present and there are hundreds of tonnes (???) of groundwork to do.

Seems very early. Most manufacturing these days uses a Just in Time system (that's my AAT costing training speaking LOL - What a waste of time that was).

There is very little groundwork being done as far as we know, only a few footers are being replaced. Given its going to have to sail over the atlantic it doesn't seem too early, get the track to the UK for summer 2023, build over autumn and test over winter.
Edit to add - Also I wouldn't expect much construction during the open season anyway, they'd want to get the removal done by March 2023 before the park opens.

Last edited:
There is very little groundwork being done as far as we know, only a few footers are being replaced. Given its going to have to sail over the atlantic it doesn't seem too early, get the track to the UK for summer 2023, build over autumn and test over winter.
Thank you for that. Used question marks on the ground work tonnage as didn't really know.

Guessing they are using lorries, but if Arriva Trains had anything to do with the haulage, I would start a year early too...

How long does it take usually (at Merlin parks) from a ride being dismantled to the track being on sale? I really hope that some goes on sale, and I believe it will, but I am a little bit worried, and I'm sure that most of the people on here would want to buy some if it was priced correctly, although that may be unlikely. (pretty sure Rita's launch cable, which snapped in 2012, sold for about £750, which is probably overpriced)

If I recall correctly it had some fairly extensive work done to the helix not very long (in rollercoaster terms) into its life. I think a couple of sections of rail were removed and replaced. You could also see where it had been chopped up at numerous points (its still weird talking about it in past tense!) although I cant remember if this is where the rails had been replaced or if its something else. EDIT: it does indeed seem to be where rails have been replaced, note there is no track join on the rails between pieces

I know they are adding additional supports to the helix but it will certainly be interesting to see how v2 copes with the stress and whether it will end up needing similar work at some point in its life. Its not something I’ve seen on other coasters.

ceb0c8e4a9b0e1a1fcc98fe47ea460f9.png

b6edb802225aeafc3e48ea4567147125.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
this has got me thinking whether its likely that the new track will have a thicker spine in this section with the cross ties closer together to make it stronger

How long does it take usually (at Merlin parks) from a ride being dismantled to the track being on sale?
It’s never happened before in a Merlin park. They’ve sold some leftover wood from Wickerman and a bit of Rita’s old cable but it’s not something the Merlin parks do as much. Blackpool do it all the time with old junk due to the different nature of their rides.

Blackpool do it now, they didn't in the distant past, you had to beg junior managers for scrap from the steel recycling skips.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.