• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think its been discussed before but the station announcements used to have a vocal effect of sorts on them (making them sound deeper and a bit demonic) but it must have broken at some point over the years, leaving us with what we had in recent years.

The effect worked at the start of 2006, wasn't working by the end of that season. I'm sure there was also a button the operator could use to either activate or deactivate the effect on their own manual announcements too!

They are terrifically cheesy announcements, but if my dream of a dispatch show sequence comes to fruition, I'd prefer just some good atmospheric music in-between!

I just want the waterfalls to come back. Even if they cannot do the blood (which would be a great shame) the waterfalls would add so much to the ambience and atmosphere of the area again. I guess plain waterfalls are better than no waterfalls.

If they are coming back, I am sure we will see some work on the infrastructure that support these being worked on this year. I really do think not bringing them back in some capacity will be a great shame. They were very iconic to the attraction. Plus, speeding over waterfalls with your legs dangling above them, was great and a very rare experience anywhere in the world.

I just want the waterfalls to come back. Even if they cannot do the blood (which would be a great shame) the waterfalls would add so much to the ambience and atmosphere of the area again. I guess plain waterfalls are better than no waterfalls.

If they are coming back, I am sure we will see some work on the infrastructure that support these being worked on this year. I really do think not bringing them back in some capacity will be a great shame. They were very iconic to the attraction. Plus, speeding over waterfalls with your legs dangling above them, was great and a very rare experience anywhere in the world.

Clearly going to have black waterfalls to match the new track.

Honestly I wouldn't hate black waterfalls but I'd worry they'd have the exact same problem as the red colouring, which was the danger they'd leak into the local water table... Wonder if there's any way to add an eco-friendly dye that doesn't impact the environment?

Honestly I wouldn't hate black waterfalls but I'd worry they'd have the exact same problem as the red colouring, which was the danger they'd leak into the local water table... Wonder if there's any way to add an eco-friendly dye that doesn't impact the environment?

I believe the dye was always ‘eco friendly’, it’s just even the sight of red water in the local water courses caused enough concern for them to ask the park to stop using it.

I don't know why I am doing it to myself but catching up with this thread ... Feels like whatever suffix that they choose to apply to the ride, if any, would be fairly inconsequential - most folks are still going to call it Nemesis.

Last edited:
I don't know why I am doing it to myself but catching up with this thread ... Feels like whatever suffix that they choose to apply to the ride, if any, would be fairly inconsequential - most folks are still going to call it Nemesis.
I get the possibly lame idea, but it does what it says on the tin. Sometimes it feels like people would complain about everything.

I believe the dye was always ‘eco friendly’, it’s just even the sight of red water in the local water courses caused enough concern for them to ask the park to stop using it.

The dye wasn’t causing harm but plants and crops take up dye and I believe some locals understandably found the fact their gardens and fields turned pink not all that fun.

I've never been fond of the vocal announcements. Whilst themed, they still gives off a cringy Six Flags/Cedar Fair stance. I'd be happy to see the back of them. Jazz the soundtrack up, ramp up the volume and slap some good bass on it and job's a good 'un.
Aren't these announcements the voice of Andy Hine, from RCCGB?

The dye wasn’t causing harm but plants and crops take up dye and I believe some locals understandably found the fact their gardens and fields turned pink not all that fun.

Is this real though, and not like the park urban legend about ducks with red feet?

Surely the one place you'd see this effect most prominently is around the ride itself - and I don't remember anything other than very lush, green foliage.

There was always this rumour that the issue was having to pay hefty sums of money for any release of the water into the environment, because it was classed as being 'treated'. It of course wouldn't be surprising if the loss of the effect was down to cost savings!

I'd like to think there in an inventive solution to whatever the issue is, so we could get the red waterfalls back.

Is this real though, and not like the park urban legend about ducks with red feet?

Surely the one place you'd see this effect most prominently is around the ride itself - and I don't remember anything other than very lush, green foliage.

There was always this rumour that the issue was having to pay hefty sums of money for any release of the water into the environment, because it was classed as being 'treated'. It of course wouldn't be surprising if the loss of the effect was down to cost savings!

I'd like to think there in an inventive solution to whatever the issue is, so we could get the red waterfalls back.
It leaked into the local water supply, causing plants and crops outside the park to turn red.

Citation needed.
I have never seen a single photograph as evidence, ever.
If it was actually happening, the evidence would be out there.
There isn't any, not a scrap, unless someone wants to pop up an old press cutting.
There were tales of the dye running into the Churnet in heavy rain, despite a supposed closed system, and so it was stopped.
Not the water supply.
No red plants.
No red crops.

It leaked into the local water supply, causing plants and crops outside the park to turn red.

If enough water was leaking from the rivers and pools to stain plants and crops that are at least half a mile away, you'd be looking at a very dry pit every morning.

But my main point is, why wouldn't the red water stain the plants and trees that have lived beside this water for decades...but would damage plants and crops outside the park, when released very infrequently and when very heavily diluted?

There are snowdrops and buttercups that grow around the waterfall under the first drop for the first months of the season. And they're never pink.

It's a myth, surely.

If enough water was leaking from the rivers and pools to stain plants and crops that are at least half a mile away, you'd be looking at a very dry pit every morning.

But my main point is, why wouldn't the red water stain the plants and trees that have lived beside this water for decades...but would damage plants and crops outside the park, when released very infrequently and when very heavily diluted?

There are snowdrops and buttercups that grow around the waterfall under the first drop for the first months of the season. And they're never pink.

It's a myth, surely.
Because the red dye isn't used anymore? 😉

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.