• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I was there earlier and i am pretty sure i saw a train (or at least train like parts) in the storage shed (due to the angle i could see little) but I think I saw the seat pillars & a crate of some parts, although it wasn't the best look, i tried to get a pic but couldn't get a good angle as most was just green

I was there earlier and i am pretty sure i saw a train (or at least train like parts) in the storage shed (due to the angle i could see little) but I think I saw the seat pillars & a crate of some parts, although it wasn't the best look, i tried to get a pic but couldn't get a good angle as most was just green
Yes you're not the first person to say that. I have a feeling that an official train reveal isn't too far away...

I'm actually I'm two minds now if we are getting brand new trains or the existing chassis have just been sent off site for an extensive refurbishment.

It would be nice to keep the old trains, they will very quickly become the oldest operating inverted trains on the planet within a decade or so I would imagine. A nice accolade to have.

This is a complete pivot from my previous opinion and view 🤣

I'm actually I'm two minds now if we are getting brand new trains or the existing chassis have just been sent off site for an extensive refurbishment.

It would be nice to keep the old trains, they will very quickly become the oldest operating inverted trains on the planet within a decade or so I would imagine. A nice accolade to have.

Thing is, old trains or not, they'll be repainted in some form and hopefully the restraints replaced so everyone will pretty much see them as new trains regardless anyway! And replacement trains would look identical to the untrained eye as I think we've already established that newer invert trains would be too big for the tunnels and near misses?

Last edited:

We are 100% getting new trains, the old ones were end of life.

Much like the PLC, and perhaps structural integrity, the technology involved in the trains will have progressed a lot since 1994. If they're doing the track and parts of the station, why not trains too? If the track had had it, surely the trains are also knackered.

Yeah this is all very true. Even an extensive refurbishment would require work in a shorter amount of time than new trains would need.

Yeah this is all very true. Even an extensive refurbishment would require work in a shorter amount of time than new trains would need.

Plus if they wanted a streamlined build schedule, the new trains could have been manufactured before the old ones were even removed from the track last year.

New B&M inverted trains should fit into the same "safety envelope" as the old ones. The giveaway if we are getting new trains / a total re-furb will be the brake-run. Pretty much all newer B&M coasters now have a set of magnetic brakes to slow the train before it gets to the physical block-brakes. Magnets = no moving parts & never wear out, so a lot cheaper in the long-run.

Keep an eye on what happens on the brake-run.

I'm with Dave on this one. I had a momentary blip on this but my view is back to my original, which was aired on many posts going way back many pages and into last year within this topic. The view that the trains were without a doubt being replaced due to the chassis being worn out and likely highly fatigued.

They do extensive non-destructive testing of the trains every closed season and replace/refurbish bits as needed. This time they have had a whole season and a half to refurbish the trains if they decided to go down that route.

There was one season several years ago where they had one train operations for a fair bit of the early season because they found a crack in part of the chassis for one of the trains and had to get B&M to manufacture a new part. It took a bit of time to make and had to be shipped over from the US.

Probably some cost-benefit analysis involved. Is it worth doing the extensive refurbishment for x cost and how long will those refurbished trains last before they might need more work doing vs the cost of just buying new trains.

I hope that the parts which show wear and sun bleaching in an obvious way like the restraints will get some proper work done on them. I am pretty sure that they will get a new colour scheme so hopefully that is a good enough excuse for getting new harnesses.

Do you think the fences will be painted black or will they keep the rusty appearance? I'm in two minds whether the rusty fence works with the new shiny black track.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.