• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Also with Ripsaw area, it's being used to park plant in for the shop. I would imagine it is being treated as a completely separate job as it wouldn't be an easy route for the telehandler to take between the sites despite them being close.

Is that framing next to the Coffee Lounge new?

The park has a real lack of undercover seating, so that would be very welcome.

Well .... its a small helicopter

As a bloke, I am obliged to say, “Size isn’t everything”.... But I’m pretty sure even the most generic member of “Joe Public” can tell the difference between a 2 seater civilian helicopter (I couldn’t tell you the model: clearly there wasn’t an Airfix kit of it for sale in the 90’s) and anything military. Shoulda been a Puma if you ask me.

As a bloke, I am obliged to say, “Size isn’t everything”.... But I’m pretty sure even the most generic member of “Joe Public” can tell the difference between a 2 seater civilian helicopter (I couldn’t tell you the model: clearly there wasn’t an Airfix kit of it for sale in the 90’s) and anything military. Shoulda been a Puma if you ask me.

It is not about the size, it is how you use it. Lady Nemesis is a very accommodating woman...

I'll be honest, I think another reason for higher fences isn't just for design (Although it does work) what I think it that maybe due to other parks around the world having accidents with people entering ride areas to retrieve personal items (Which ride operators always warn you/take off you if they see any) and then either have the ride shut down as said person retrieving their lost item has lost either their head or been severally injured... Or they're just going heavily into H&S for their ride post Smiler as they don't want another accident like that happening again.

There already was a seperate ride area fence, it appears the change is now there is just one fence for both queue routing and ride area control, whereas before there was two layers of fence, one to show the queue route and one with barbed wire to prevent people getting into the ride area. See below images.

The barbed wire fence was around the top of the lift and was placed a few feet back from the wooden queue line fencing to stop guests entering the ride area if they did jump the queue line fence. You can just about see to two fences in this screenshot from a POV.
IMG_5915.jpeg

The new fencing seems to act as both queue line and ride area fencing in one and runs both sides of the queue making it feel more enclosed.

IMG_5916.jpeg

Barret homes use bigger helicopters than the Phalanx now then? Wouldn't it just have been cheaper to make a fake military helicopter as a theming object? And will the skeletal remains of the cartoon villain guy be inside, complete with moustache?

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about that helicopter, it just looks very out of place. I guess they decided it was easier/cheaper to buy a small helicopter like this than fabricate their own fake military helicopter.

I hope the main queue will still go down in to the pit, under the first drop and past the loop, although from these latest photos that is looking somewhat unlikely. I wonder if that's the route that fastrack or RAP will take?

I think there’s a chance that, from the original queue by the station just before you enter, the helicopter will look fine. Sort of a forced perspective thing.

From the air, that outcrop on which it sits looks huge, but from the queue I’ve always admired how precarious it looks. Putting a helicopter on there, however small, could look effective from that angle.

Opening up the old queue up past the turn could shatter that (potential) illusion…

Not sure how I feel about that helicopter, it just looks very out of place. I guess they decided it was easier/cheaper to buy a small helicopter like this than fabricate their own fake military helicopter.

I hope the main queue will still go down in to the pit, under the first drop and past the loop, although from these latest photos that is looking somewhat unlikely. I wonder if that's the route that fastrack or RAP will take?

Same

I wonder if that could become the new RAP queue (are there any steps?) with the normal queue remaining. And then a merge at the stop of the steps before the ramp into the station.

And when all the soddin’ vloggers show up with a camera in their face talking at 1000 decibels about ‘immersion’ ‘lighting packages’ and ‘lore’ you can just call it theming.

Genius.

The best trick with them is to ignore if they really bother you that much.

An easy way around the helicopter thing is not to theme it as Phalanx. Theme it as media, alerted by the goings on and caught up in the mess, bit like the bus.
We know nothing of the #seekthetruth side of all this yet, so this helicopter could be related to that - maybe whoever or whatever this "seekthetruth" is, could've landed a helicopter in the pit to find out more?

But whoever put the helicopter there (in the backstory) I'd be very surprised if the state it is in now in the pictures is the finished article we'll see on opening day.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.