• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They've not painted the evac stairs on the lift.

Project ruined šŸ¤£ . .

All jokes aside though. . .why didn't they just get it done and out of the way. . . Unless that's earmarked for next years TLC already šŸ«£

If you look in the area of queueline by the first drop, it looks like there's another big pad within the queue, which looks like it's waiting for something to be added.

Do we think that maybe needed to be kept clear for access (top of the loop) or are you referring to the area by the first drop?

Last edited:
It's hard to say just watching that Midlands Today clip on my phone, but it does seem like the sound of the ride running will now be more like Inferno.

While you wouldn't call Inferno quiet exactly, its roar is somewhat muted compared to Nemesis mk1, and it doesn't have the accompanying higher-pitched howl - one that was presumably generated by a great many tons of hollow steel structure reverberating to the tune of yet more steel thundering around on wheels. While everyone has always talked about the original ride's roar, for me it was always the howl that was the most distinctive aspect, the thing that set it apart from other B&Ms.

In fairness that's exactly what I expected, and of course I get why the reborn version would be sand filled when Nemesis could be heard so clearly across the valley in Alton. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. But that howling roar of old is still a sad loss nonetheless.

Seems to be a big difference between what the Midlands Today film showed and what the journo himself filmed and posted on X (my earlier comments were made having only seen the former at that time). It still sounds different mind.

Will take a "lessened" roar over never hearing it ever again.

In the same way that I couldn't care less what colour the track is.
If you donā€™t care about the colour of the track why would you care about the roar of a ride going round. What a ride looks like is surely more important than what it sounds like

If you donā€™t care about the colour of the track why would you care about the roar of a ride going round. What a ride looks like is surely more important than what it sounds like
Different senses invoke different emotions. I get goosebumps over an incredible piece of music but a good scene in a film does very little for me!

Hearing that classic Nemmy roar before you even turn into forbidden valley was iconic, especially for a first timer. Builds the anticipation, couple that with the fantastic soundtrack and youā€™re set up for a great ride and experience regardless of track colour.

Different strokes for different folks at the end of the dayā€¦

Referring back to when the track was first revealed to be a different colour and many losing their minds over it.

Baring in mind in this situation the alternative is no more Nemesis. I said at the time it could be neon pink and it wouldn't affect me too much because it means Nemesis would still exist in some way shape or form.

Shall see what it looks like upon visiting.

Referring back to when the track was first revealed to be a different colour and many losing their minds over it.

Baring in mind in this situation the alternative is no more Nemesis. I said at the time it could be neon pink and it wouldn't affect me too much because it means Nemesis would still exist in some way shape or form.

Well thatā€™s fair enough then. It looks even better in person than it does online the red and black track is stunning

"No more Nemesis" is a phrase that should strike fear into the hearts of any coater enthusiast worth his salt.
The very idea of an Alton Towers without Nemesis, is a thought too unpleasant to even think about.
It would be like Mr. Bean without his Mini, or Teddy.

And Alton Towers and Merlin's management know that, or we wouldn't be having this discussion now.

Unrelated, but how are they supposed to save or even demolish oblivion? Is it just stuck there now?

Unrelated, but how are they supposed to save or even demolish oblivion? Is it just stuck there now?
Probably via crane, carefully replacing each piece of track one at a time since the tunnel is so narrow, but other than that, I have no clue. I hope Oblivion doesn't go anytime soon, still one of my favourite rides in the UK.

Okay, outside of that, let's talk about Nemesis now testing.

First off, I'm relieved to hear there's some of the roar left!! I'm glad they've gone for Over the Shoulder Restraints instead of Vest Restraints. The ride is probably just running a bit slow because as people have mentioned earlier, it's winter, and it's only began running, so it'll probably warm up after each test over time.

I still don't like everything being black, grey, etc, sorry, I've never liked it. It just comes off as very bland and characterless for me. I like the red though, I just wish they went for restoring the original look of the Station and track colour wise, and then add the extra red to it. I'm really gonna miss Graham Smarts original soundtrack. The station and the area from what I've seen just looks like another X-sector themed area. Excited to see if there will be a new flat ride in Funk N Flys place though!

If they wanted to get rid of it, probably just cover over the holes with big sheets of steel or something and then remove everything above ground level as usual. I am, however, totally unaware if that is even legal.

An FYI, check out the Oblivion discussion thread for that kind of info!

Although back to Nemesis, from what I saw in the clip on TS's FB page, it looks like everything is almost completed, as the report said. All AT have to do now is the plethora of testing and e-brake scenario training for staff operating the ride. Which will take time as H&S love to make sure everything is prepared for...

On the subject of that original soundtrack... is the best version we have the 'Abridged' version (with voiceover) from Graham Smarts Bandcamp? Everything else I've found is a bit rough

On the subject of that original soundtrack... is the best version we have the 'Abridged' version (with voiceover) from Graham Smarts Bandcamp? Everything else I've found is a bit rough
The Abridged story version never played in the park, it was only used in Cassete tapes that the park sold in Gift Shops for fans to enjoy. The original version of the soundtrack has been uploaded on YouTube. This piece was mainly used in the rides queue and area.

The later version that we all come to know though was an edited version I believe that was used much later on. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.