• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I really like both people and they both have an incredible passion for the park and the theme parks industry. They both do amazing things for The park in completely different ways and I feel they really do make positive change! I’m just more sad at the outcome of this situation as i understand both sides, just wish we all move on and leave them both in peace.

At the end of the day the tweet wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular, I don’t believe either side deserves any type of slander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone else find Mr Burton’s reaction a bit hypocritical?

A week or so before TPWW’s video, Mr Burton was more than happy to share a video of an incomplete coaster and incomplete coaster train cycling the track.

Surely you can’t be annoyed if someone legally shares footage of a work in progress, if you’ve done exactly the same thing a couple of weeks prior.

Does anyone else find Mr Burton’s reaction a bit hypocritical?

A week or so before TPWW’s video, Mr Burton was more than happy to share a video of an incomplete coaster and incomplete coaster train cycling the track.

Surely you can’t be annoyed if someone legally shares footage of a work in progress, if you’ve done exactly the same thing a couple of weeks prior.

I don’t believe either side deserves any type of slander.
Slander, no. However I must question why a professional thinks it's appropriate or a good idea to have a moan about someone, who's somewhat in your circle, on social media. It's not a good look, solve your issues privately, like an adult. The vagueness makes it worse because for all we know, he may not have even meant it about Shawn.

The vagueness makes it worse because for all we know, he may not have even meant it about Shawn.
It is worth noting that John did wish Charlotte a Happy Birthday yesterday. Equally, with all the hate Shawn has been receiving on the back of this, if it wasn't aimed at him, I'd have anticipated John clearing the air.

I can see it from both sides, there's a lot of negative speculation that's fuelled by these 'unofficial' updates. When parks had full control, they'd release things as and when they're ready & could shape public perception far better. **I realised a whole sentence disappeared so edited to add back in** But, Enthusiast content does maintain a steady level of interest and costs the park nothing - it would be a worse if it had been specifically requested that YouTubers dial back the 'leaks'.

Confused that the 'seek the truth' storyline seems to have completely faded away - would have thought it would be a way of keeping anticipation high through closed season.

Last edited:
I get that 'creatives' will be wound-up by incomplete projects being leaked/ spied upon. But lets put this into perspective - it is only one group of people that are actually interested.... nerds. Us nerds will also be first in line no matter what... indeed the slow drip of information may even excite more nerds increasing the number of nerds visiting.

Non-nerds will have no concept about your 'creativity'. They will see a rollercoaster with some pretty paint and take it as that. So, Mr. B. should be embracing the bizarre gaggle of Nerds which ultimately love the work he does(and even appreciate it if it's crap) and help keep his standards high.

So, Mr. B.: love your coaster nerds and please don't chastise them for being particularly geeky and excitable.

On a side note. Anyone else think the toning down of the Nemesis noise is going to effects the the experience? I always felt the reverb of the track noise added so much to the experience.

In the most exciting year in uk theme parks for 30 years (opinion), all we have to talk about is a creative leads tweet supposedly aimed to a theme park YouTuber! Jesus. Can’t we all just talk about the return of the UK’s signature coaster, the UK’s tallest coaster, the Drayton manor project. What good is it doing talking about such a futile matter when there is all this going on.

In the most exciting year in uk theme parks for 30 years (opinion), all we have to talk about is a creative leads tweet supposedly aimed to a theme park YouTuber! Jesus. Can’t we all just talk about the return of the UK’s signature coaster, the UK’s tallest coaster, the Drayton manor project. What good is it doing talking about such a futile matter when there is all this going on.

The topic has died a death and continuing it seems fruitless now but it was relevant at the time and worthy of some discussion.

Paradoxically as it stands there isn’t much to talk about until someone else gets a drone over (and I’m all for that 😂 )

On the other side of it, the creative lead for the project criticising those getting photos of the site while under construction does warrant some discussion. It's related to the exact thing we've all been talking about in this topic for months on end.

That said, I think 3+ pages of posts about it over recent days has given people chance to say their piece over the whole thing - especially when we're now moving away from the actual subject and now into whether it was worth discussing anyway.

With 5 and a bit weeks to go until the start of the season (!), I think we can safely get back to discussing the project itself from here on in.

Maybe I’ve jumped the gun a little guys. I understand why people would be interested in discussing such matter. But myself I’m just more bothered about the project itself instead of the drama on social media.

Now that the handbags and cat claws gossiping is out the way, that drill/gun site intrigues me.

Could we be seeing a nice big piece of old track covered in tentacles like we see on the monster itself put there?

I hope they don't just dump some more gloss black metal or a shipping container there.

Interesting thought, it was rumoured they kept some of the old loop so you never know.

Now that the handbags and cat claws gossiping is out the way, that drill/gun site intrigues me.

Could we be seeing a nice big piece of old track covered in testicles like we see on the monster itself put there?

I hope they don't just dump some more gloss black metal or a shipping container there.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were sprucing the 'gun' up off-site before replacing it. Seems silly to scrap such a cool bit of theming!

The old loop section would look fantastic in that area where the gun was, but I am unsure wether the foundations shown on the drone shots indicate whether that’s the case. It is very good to see they are taking some of the area into consideration with this re theme.

I do wonder how late Alton Towers will leave it to confirm an opening date. With the new management, I'm hoping they know better than to bury their heads in the sand and let opening day breeze by without communicating a date.

Didn't Shawn's footage show the ground marked out at the entrance to Forbidden Valley (by Sub Terra). If so the vertical loop could go there? Would make a nice archway leading into FV.

I don't think you'd put it on the site of the old drill; it doesn't make much sense to me as a piece of standalone themeing.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.