• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm really not sure what you would be looking at through a telescope, so I wonder if its some sort of searchlight type thing. There is another open area in the queue line close to the first inversion which looks like it could have a few more of these installed. It could potentially look quite cool and would fit the theme, and could also be why a lighting team were onsite recently.

Very odd and intriguing.
I doubt it, doesn’t look anything like permanent lighting to me, also placing a searchlight directly in the queue where it can be easily tampered with by guests is a no no. Whatever it is I’m glad they themed it with black paint.

The further the project has gone on, the more I really am in two minds about it. Five years ago, I would have never thought that Merlin would fork out for a full Nemesis retrack, and that alone I think is a huge win. The marketing of the project from start to finish has been top notch, artwork and logo included, and I do like, in parts, the expansion of the storyline around the ride.

All of that said, I cant help but feel disappointed with the (near) final execution of the project as a whole. I have never really got on board with the veins on the track, I think they look quite 'fairground ride'. Painting everything black just seems lazy and generic, the huge fences everywhere look horrendous. The new theming pieces are relatively dull and predictable, and elements of the Phalanx backstory feel quite unoriginal. The monster is looking great, but has only been half finished for some strange reason, and elements of forbidden valley which made it one of the most unique themed areas in the world have nearly all been lost.

I really dislike the amount of negativty that can be present in this community at times, and I have really tried to remain optimistic about this project. Again, the fact that we have had a Nemesis retrack at all is fantastic, but the final product, so far, just feels very underwhelming, especially with all the talk of ‘art’.

It's for shooting down drones!

JhCD.gif

8fk447.jpg

While a bit of criticism regarding an online comment by John is fine, it's now been 10 days since he posted that tweet and the constant jibes about it are somewhat distracting from discussion both in this topic and in others on the forum.

If we could move on back to discussion about Nemesis Reborn itself it'd be appreciated :)

It's more than likely the fencing is health and safety led rather than a creative decision.

Saying that you would think MMM would think of doing something to dress it up. I know they would be limited, but it appears very plain at the moment. Obviously, there's some time left till opening, so maybe there's more to come.

Merlin have internal standards that specify things like the minimum height of ride area fencing but that doesn't mean they're forced to use the most basic black mesh fence for the entire queue line.

It wouldn't suprise me if they have a single or a few main suppliers for things like fencing to save on costs across the business. Most big companies do this.

Fencing is fairly easy to transport too so it would perhaps make sense.

from what I have seen it looks like they usually use 2 types, those on nemesis, or those on the wickerman, in this case i prefer the nemesis ones so i can see the ride better, is there a differnt type of fencing for the switch backs a lower fence perhaps?

also the fencing may not be by law, but may be from standards, the international standard astm for amusment rides dictate fence heigh, signage etc

From what I can recall, most new rides use higher fences due to safety concerns mostly, plus it's to stop certain people entering dangerous ride operating areas. Because we all know how... Questionably idiotic some people can be to try and gain internet points though 'trends'...

There was nothing wrong with the style of fencing that was there for almost 30! years.

They’d of been better spraying that black.

No some clown with a clipboard makes a decision, and it looks awful. Perhaps every other theme park in the world didn’t get the same memo.

Same with pathetic plexiglass windows in KC, same with the extra fencing that went around the park for no good reason.

It looks terrible, there’s no need for it.

Look at what Europa, Efteling, Phantasialand and Toverland have installed recently. All comparative parks with smaller teams behind them.

Quality, scope of the install is nowhere near. No wonder Universal smell blood in the water.

If this isn’t worse than what was there already, I’ll be amazed. The helix fencing is going to look comically bad. You can understand it in the new parts of the queue, but there is just silly.

Soundtrack, props, set pieces, fencing, atmosphere, station, lighting, waterfalls…will any be better?

Soundtrack, props, set pieces, fencing, atmosphere, station, lighting, waterfalls…will any be better?
We haven’t heard the soundtrack yet, seen any set pieces or lighting in person, felt the atmosphere on a park day. It’s all a presumptuous in my opinions to just go off some drone shots of an unfinished project. I do agree the fencing looks very bland. But I’ll reserve full judgement until I see it in person.

I’m in partial agreement with the moaning of the last few posts.

Having seen the ride close up now do I think it’s any better. Not really. Do I think it’s worse, maybe. But it’s unfinished.

If this ends up the finished product, with no waterfalls etc, then yeh we have a reason to moan. But right now this is progress from Merlin as an entity when the alternative was no Nemesis.

I’m prepared to be pleased, especially around the themed lighting.

Also, let’s not forget, nostalgia plays a major part with the previous incarnation of the ride. Was it really all that, when compared to rides of Universal, or Disney standard. Hell even Eftetling and Europa.

Hardware aside, it was good for its time but even the die hard enthusiasts making you must admit it started to feel dated.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.