• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
To have some positive comment on here, I'll say that I'm loving the new tail, love the beefier look though while I wasn't happy that legs on the loop side of the monster are the original legs that are going to stick out like a sore thumb from the newer legs and that the new 'face' of the monster is now facing away looking towards the rest of FV, I've realised something that does make some sense since Nemesis is supposed to be a abomination alien.

What if they are doing a Wicker Man Big Bob job if you remember the human and goat head on different sides of the structure, maybe they are doing the exact same idea for Nemesis here? Given how the original idea is that you exit from Nemesis' 'mouth', maybe it could be that Nemesis has two faces or mouths here in which one side is the original idea of leaving the mouth and the other head is the newer one they have built? This would explain why Nemesis has two different types of legs on either side as the side with the spikes and new face represents Nemesis' more aggressive side and the original side with the original legs still in place represent dare I say a more sympathetic side of the monster still pinned down.

I know this might sound far fetch but given Nemesis is supposed to be some Sci fi mutant crab from space, you could frankly do anything with the creature making it look all the more messed up rather than just a giant crab. So maybe it was some art after all, who knew?

Well sure, but they already put out a snazzy creature reveal and art. Defining what it's supposed to look like, but... errr... kinda won't

At least I have Phantom vs Apollo flighting with giant cotton buds in front of Forbidden Claw in my head right now, as opposed to the image of John Burton and Shawn Sandbrook hitting each other with handbag's on the front of Take A Break magazine.
The forbidden sweep should be an event

I’m in partial agreement with the moaning of the last few posts.

Having seen the ride close up now do I think it’s any better. Not really. Do I think it’s worse, maybe. But it’s unfinished.

If this ends up the finished product, with no waterfalls etc, then yeh we have a reason to moan. But right now this is progress from Merlin as an entity when the alternative was no Nemesis.

I’m prepared to be pleased, especially around the themed lighting.

Also, let’s not forget, nostalgia plays a major part with the previous incarnation of the ride. Was it really all that, when compared to rides of Universal, or Disney standard. Hell even Eftetling and Europa.

Hardware aside, it was good for its time but even the die hard enthusiasts making you must admit it started to feel dated.

I agree with all of this post, nostalgia definitely plays a large part in my personal cynicism towards the project and I think is always going to be present when we seem to be in a bit of a (much needed) phase of reworking old attractions.

Theres a lot of positives to be found with new Nemesis, part of me wishes we didn't have such comprehensive coverage of the unfinished ride because it makes it nigh on impossible not to form premature opinions. When I visited earlier this year and saw B&M track in the car park it made me feel like a kid again! I'm sure theres a lot still to iron out and whilst I think what we've seen so far is a bit of a downgrade, I'm fully expecting to be much more excited than a 33 year old man should be when I get to ride it for the first time.

MMM and Alton Towers have excelled themselves over the past few seasons in my opinion, and so I think expectations for Nemesis were naturally very high, I'm sure theres a lot many of us would have done differently but there's also probably a reason why Merlin don't tend to hire enthusiasts to create these things!

Well sure, but they already put out a snazzy creature reveal and art. Defining what it's supposed to look like, but... errr... kinda won't
True, but then again the original concept art for Nemesis from 1994 (the one with orange eyes and all black) would ultimately look nothing like what we got so maybe history could repeat itself here in which changes have happened on the fly?

At 7 minutes into this video you can see nemesis is absolutely hauling through the layout now even in the February weather with no water dummies.

The view from that position is never going to get boring.

It really does put into perspective how wonderful this ride is. It really is an engineering marvel.

No wonder they retracked it. I 100% cannot see any of the other coasters getting the same treatment.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.