• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

I watched the video from Jack Silkstone yesterday and he has a bit where he's stood in a rideline with the fencing and it felt like he was confined in a cage. The fencing for Hyperia looks like herding animals instead of creating an atmosphere for riders as they queue.
Judging from the video alone, it looks woeful, and, in my opinion, worse than The Smiler's queue.

Possibly it’s the high fencing for the Dina stretch, and most of the fencing can be lower because it’s not under the ride area. Colossus gets away with a lot in that regard

Potential Hyperia train posted on Twitter (without context) all wrapped up - not much to see overall but hopefully means we'll get a nice reveal soon! 🤞 **have just seen your post @Mark0097 **

Screenshot_20240410-152240_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240410-153259_YouTube.jpg
Also, the queueline in its current form for those who don't want to watch Vlogs!

Last edited:
Potential Hyperia train posted on Twitter (without context) all wrapped up - not much to see overall but hopefully means we'll get a nice reveal soon! 🤞 **have just seen your post @Mark0097 **

Screenshot_20240410-152240_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240410-153259_YouTube.jpg
Also, the queueline in its current form for those who don't want to watch Vlogs!
Utterly awful.

What is the logic for the high fences anyway? Will they be covered over like the Smiler cages?

Sadly I imagine the park probably don't want guests getting hit by loose items (or small children) falling 236 foot onto them. Also the fences are to stop the British public from stupidly trying to enter the ride area, most likely trying to retrieve the loose items they previously showered the queue line with.

Probably should've worked out how to build a queue that doesn't go under the lift hill and into the ride area.

Remember when we used to avoid things falling on to our heads by building things under the potentially falling item, as opposed to just above the head?

I remember. We called them, mets? Neps?

'Cage' the massive dangerous machine, not the people.

Can we just take this all the way to it's logical conclusion and hardhat the queuing public?